CareMed Specialty Pharmacy has a need for Pharmacy Technician/Inbound Care Coordinator at our Specialty Pharmacy in New Hyde Park, NY. Monday - Friday, great pay and benefits!
Excellent opportunity to join our company and help with a new and exciting program, at our expanding Specialty Pharmacy. Work in a positive, team-oriented environment. We offer competitive compensation and great benefits! This is a full-time position based at our pharmacy in New Hyde Park, New York. Please submit a copy of your resume!
We offer a variety of benefits including:
- Medical; Dental; Vision
- 401k with a match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid benefits – life; and short and long-term disability
Pharmacy Technician/Inbound Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all prescription work assigned; proactively calls patients to schedule/coordinate their medication delivery; collects copayments; and performs related follow-up activities.
- Ensures continuity of care and timeliness of shipping orders.
- Provides excellent customer service over the phone by answering general patient inquiries and/or efficiently directs clinical inquiries to the Clinical Staff Pharmacists on duty.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in handling patient complaints received, while documenting incidents in the system and forwards to appropriate staff members.
- Ensures that all prescriptions are billed in accordance with Medicare/DMEPOS regulations and that all required information is documented on the hard copy prescription.
- Communicates with supervisors/managers any information received from patient, physician, insurance company, and/or employees about the patient care or needs.
- Must exhibit excellent skills in the following areas: verbal/written communication, computer/data entry/software proficiency, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, self-discipline, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Pharmacy Technician/Inbound Coordinator Position Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, required. Associates Degree or equivalent program from a two-year college or technical school, or certificate program in pharmacy or healthcare, preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification, required. Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) desired.
- Minimum 2 years of pharmacy technician experience, required. 2-4 years of experience in retail or specialty pharmacy, preferred.
- Must be familiar with general pharmacy terminology, billing quantity, SIG codes, roman numerals, brand and generic names of medications, and IV dosage calculations/day supply.
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and office skills.
- Proficient in data entry, verbal skills, computer skills and the ability to learn the department’s software system.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain HIPAA patient confidentiality.
- Must be registered with Board of Pharmacy.