Patient Advocacy Coordinator
Specialty Pharmacy Companies Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Onco360 Pharmacy in Louisville, Kentucky has an opening for a Patient Financial Advocacy Coordinator.
Onco360 Pharmacy is a unique oncology pharmacy model created to serve the needs of community, oncology and hematology physicians, patients, payers, and manufacturers. We offer great pay and benefits!
We offer a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with a match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid benefits – life; and short and long-term disability
The Patient Financial Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for assisting patients and/or families to access financial resources for Pharmacy co-pays. The Advocate assists patients who may qualify for assistance through Not for Profit Organizations and Manufacturer Programs. The Advocate is also available to patients and families to answer questions regarding their insurance benefit structure for needed medications and provide co-pay amounts for their treatment. They are responsible for navigating the system to find resources that best fits the patient’s needs, aid patients by explaining the process, assist in filling out applications and going over the documents that will be required to complete the application.
Patient Financial Advocacy Coordinator Responsibilities:
· Develop relationships with PAP’s, Manufacturer and other assistance programs to secure funding for Oncology Patients for their cancer medications.
· Implement the operational process of initiating, completing and appropriate follow up for financial assistance for both under insured and uninsured patients.
· Interact with patients and families with a variety of developmental and socio-cultural backgrounds.
· Maintain and update a knowledge base of cancer diagnosis and drugs used in their treatment.
· Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient and family while serving as a liaison between patients, physicians, advocacy funds and other oncology pharmacies.
· Maintain and update understanding of health insurance and pharmacy benefit coverage.
· Provide information to patients and families in order to counsel and educate regarding their benefit plan.
· Maintain professional relationships and convey relevant information to other members of the healthcare team within facility and any applicable referral agencies.
· Initiate communication with peers about priorities as well as collaborate with cross functional teams on operational and sales initiatives.
Patient Financial Advocacy Coordinator Qualifications:
· A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working with patient assistance.
· Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension and expression.
· Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with standards for performance improvement and organizational values (e.g., efficiency and financial responsibility; safety; partnership and service; teamwork; compassion; integrity; and trust and respect).
· Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with principles for service excellence.
· Awareness of philosophy of care as it relates to Patient Financial Services.
· Demonstrate knowledge of current resources and programs to assist the patient’s need for financial resources, i.e., Non for profit foundations, Manufacturer programs and state programs
· Demonstrates ability to act with sensitivity as a patient advocate.
· Demonstrates interview skills and clearly defines the problems and concerns to patients and family systems as related to pharmacy-related financial needs.
Specialty Pharmacy CompaniesWhy Work Here?
Great company! Rewarding positions helping other people!