Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Under the direction of the physician and/or mid-level provider, provides collaborative and self-directed nursing care in order to achieve optimum outcomes in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Work ethic demonstrates support of the vision and mission of the Pain Center of Western Washington and Genesis Regenerative Medicine.
Clinical Supervisor and Practice Administrator
Minimum Education, Licensure and Certification:
· Must meet the Washington state requirements of the LPN licensure requirements. https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/NursingCommission/NurseLicensing/LicensedPracticalNurse
· ACLS, BCLS or Adult CPR certification
· HIPAA certification
· Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control certification
· At least two years of experience as an LPN in a surgical or procedure-based setting.
· Proficiency with intervenous access and IV medication administration.
· Pain Management experience is preferred.
· At least one year of supervisory and administrative responsibilities in a medical practice is preferred.
· Inventory management is preferred.
JOB SUMMARY: MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily assists with the delivery and organization of care to patients undergoing procedures in the field of pain management and regenerative medicine. Secondarily, may be responsible for coordinating care of new patient, post-procedure, and follow-up visits.
- Responsible for starting and maintaining IV access, phlebotomy, and administering medications as ordered by the Physician. As such, is required to be knowledgeable about the medications administered, including side effects and medication interactions.
- Responsible for vital sign monitoring which includes, heart rate and rhythm, respirations, oxygen saturation, blood pressure, and temperature.
- Able to recognize, assess, report and respond to changes in patient condition, including hemodynamic instability and airway compromise.
- Demonstrates competency with the use and maintenance of all clinical equipment.
- Responsible for the clinical inventory of the facility, including par levels, ordering and storage.
- Responsible for overseeing accurate generation of pre and post procedure forms, and ensuring appropriate patient education regarding the respective forms.
- Delegates and manages a wide variety of skillsets by recognizing strengths, where improvement is needed, and how to properly use the skillsets of each team member.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in all facets of both this job description and the Medical Assistant job description, enabling staff to have a resource of procedural excellence with established standards. To promote appropriate delegation, employee is knowledgeable regarding the LPN scope of practice as well as the other clinical team members.
- May participate in collaborative interviewing and clinical hiring decisions.
- Participates in training and ensuring competency for new employees.
- Evaluates clinical workflow and contributes to the formulation and implementation of process improvement when necessary.
- Contributes to the peer evaluation process as appropriate.
- Initiates optimal and timely problem resolution as identified.
- Utilizes proficient organizational skills to optimize, communicate and strategize around all facets of patient care in a confident and flexible manner.
- Exercises a high degree of self-directed initiative, judgement, discretion and decision-making skills to anticipate or manage optimal outcomes and potential disruptions in workflow.
- Identifies and defines conflict styles and employs methods for handling conflict that improve productivity and maintain successful departmental relationships.
- Leadership: Utilizes leadership skills to foster an innovative, accountable, supportive and motivating work environment.
- Critical thinking: Utilizes skill in understanding how to methodically, strategically and collaboratively make decisions and problem solve.
- Interpersonal Skills: Places priority on listening to, understanding and summarizing the priorities and objectives of clients and co-workers. Achieving personal objectives is balanced with helping others achieve theirs; never at their expense. Emotional intelligence is highly valued.
- Time and Priority Management: Able to optimize productivity and efficiency. Balances workload and time constraints. Manages projects as assigned or designed. Differentiates between what is urgent and what can wait for a more optimal time.
- Diversity and Generational Differences in the Workplace: Understands that respecting individual differences benefit the workplace by creating a competitive edge and increasing work productivity. Diversity management benefits associates by creating a fair and safe environment where everyone has access to opportunities and challenges. Shows appreciation for different experiences and places value on the impact it has on the workplace.
- Giving and receiving feedback: Utilizes effective feedback strategies to reinforce, reflect and assist with changing behavior(s) as necessary. Demonstrates the ability to give and receive feedback by being specific, respectful, honest, objective, and curious about another’s point of view.
· Employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able to move quickly in emergency situations.
· Occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Routinely required to lift, push or move up to 30 pounds, including frequent lifting and donning of a five pound lead vest for up to 2 hours at a time.
· Must be able to assist patients from a sitting to standing position and assist into a wheelchair, and push a patient in a wheelchair.
· Must be able to assist patients onto procedure table, position patient as required for procedure, and assist a patient to the floor if unsteady or faint during ambulation.