THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHWESTERN ILLINOIS AND WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO RELOCATE THERE. THE COMPANY HAS A GENEROUS RELOCATION BUDGET AND WILL PAY FOR THE COSTS OF RELOCATION.
Our client company, a very successful and rapidly-growing manufacturer of specialty recreational equipment including fabricated metal, is looking for a Director of Operations for its southwestern Illinois area manufacturing plant, roughly an hour away from St Louis. The Director of Operations is in charge of all operational capabilities for this company, ensuring OSHA compliance, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement. The Director of Operations will also be responsible for expense reductions wherever possible without compromising product quality and will monitor key performance indicators related to waste, throughput, and labor. Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing manufacturing strategies to help the organization gain competitive advantages;
- Advising the executive team on business development and corporate planning issues that relate to the company's operations;
- Making decisions and guiding other managers to make decisions that best reflect the company's strategy;
- Setting performance goals for operations;
- Monitoring performance against these goals to see if the company's operations are being both effective and efficient;
- Safety guidance;
- Implementing lean manufacturing strategies, identifying best practices, tracking Kaizen initiatives,
- Effective workflow, equipment, and procedure planning;
- Overseeing all equipment and manufacturing assets
To be considered for an interview, candidates MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor's Degree, with a preference in Engineering or Business Management.
- 6+ years in a Lean Manufacturing environment;
- 6+ years of leadership experience with a manufacturer of an employee base of 50+;
- Practical experience in implementing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and processes;
Specialty Manufacturing Firm
Why Work Here?Our client is a well-established specialty manufacturing firm looking to hire quickly.
Company is growing very quickly, good benefits, uncapped commissions.