Specialty Food Groups (SFG) located in Owensboro, KY is seeking a Project Coordinator to be responsible for ensuring the schedules, budgets and details of capital projects are well organized. The selected individual will work in a team environment responsible for the development, implementation and completion of various capital and MRO projects at multiple locations. The Project Coordinator will also develop solutions from concept to implementation.
- Design and management of capital and MRO projects.
- Coordination with other departments and facilities as needed.
- System design from concept and general specifications to project designs, proposals, and schedules.
- Manage projects from conception through implementation and start-up.
- Responsible for equipment selection and procurement, materials purchasing, and contractor selection and coordination.
- Maintain project status updates and cost control for all projects.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed.
- Associate degree in engineering or technology in electrical, mechanical, process design OR 2 years of applicable experience.
- 2+ years' experience in manufacturing environment executing capital improvement projects from concept to execution.
- Manage cost control and schedule for all assigned projects.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including above average knowledge in Excel.
- Must AutoCAD experience.
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and control systems.
- Knowledgeable of USDA, EPA, and OSHA best practices would be a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to travel unrestricted, on short notice, both domestically and abroad as needed.
FLSA Status: Salaried Non-Exempt
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Specialty Foods Group LLC a division of Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including three health care options (including an HSA), two dental options, two vision options, a very competitive 401(k) plan (with two different company match components), and several other supplemental benefits (including a generous tuition reimbursement program).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual's membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.
Specialty Foods GroupOwensboro, KY
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.