- Posted: 15 days ago
- $100,000 to $125,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
New Pan Asian, fine dining restaurant has an immediate opening for an Executive Chef to join their growing team in Downtown Detroit. This is a rare opportunity to join one of Metro Detroit’s award-winning culinary teams as they continue to be a part of Detroit’s comeback story.
The Executive Chef is responsible for directing food preparation, menu development, cost controls in the kitchen, and supervising the kitchen staff. The Executive Chef will report to the Corporate Executive Chef in both culinary and administrative duties while communicating with venue management. The Executive Chef will also assist the Corporate Executive Chef with the training/mentoring of new employees as requested, work in an efficient and professional manner, while maintaining a positive attitude and delivering superior guest service at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce and execute diversified and innovative menu items.
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service.
- Plan the food design in order to create a match between the dish’s aspect and its taste.
- Cultivate a team mentality, foster an environment of development and maximize available resources.
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement, and plating of dishes per the current menu.
- Ensure staff adheres to culinary standards and regulations.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during work hours.
- Help develop cross marketing strategies that increase profits, such as pairing menus.
- Track, record and replenish inventory as needed and in accordance with established par levels.
- Cross train kitchen staff on multiple stations.
- Provide a friendly, inviting, and personal environment for guests.
- Provide professional guest service.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and sequence of service standards.
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests and co-workers.
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints with a positive attitude.
- Comply with all safety and health procedures as well as company and/or departmental policies/procedures.
- Prepare orders according to standard recipes and venue specifications.
- Check food orders prior to serving to ensure that they are correct, properly presented and that special requests have been met.
- Proper set up and maintenance of all kitchen tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Ensure nightly/weekly and opening/running/closing duties are completed.
- Record and report any equipment failure and/or safety hazards to a Manager immediately.
- Ensure proper rotation of all consumable items.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Assist all other team members as needed.
- Inform management of any complaints, comments, or incidents.
- Appear in uniform for all shifts and promotional activities at the scheduled time.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Culinary Science or a related certificate/training preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in an Executive Chef position.
- 3+ years of experience in operations as the chef in fine dining restaurants and with Pan Asian cuisine.
- Prior experience as a Sushi chef is a plus.
- Ability to create the perfect pair between meals and our wine selection.
- Knowledge of food preparation and existing health and safety standards.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and assertively.
- Work as a team, stay organized, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Familiar with industry best practices.
- Consistently maintain a well-groomed appearance, posture, and hygiene.
- Move effectively and efficiently throughout the kitchen.
- Must be ServSafe certified or willing to obtain certification.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Apply today! All submissions are confidential!
Specialized Talent Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?