Specialists Hospital of Shreveport, a leader in advanced technology in the fields of orthopedic & spine surgery, pain management and physical therapy, is seeking an experienced Post Anesthesia Care RN to join our team. This position is PRN Monday through Friday.
- The PACU RN is required to collect, interpret, record and communicate pertinent data that is relevant to the patient’s care in the PACU. Data is concurrently assessed for optimum patient care and planned discharge of the patient.
- Identifies priorities and executes nursing care accordingly.
- Provides emotional support and comfort measures.
- Gives information or explanation to patients and their families as warranted.
- Ensures and respects the patient’s rights, privacy and dignity.
- Applies and monitors the principles of aseptic technique throughout the postoperative phase.
- May extubate the patient in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains the intravenous infusion, may start new IVs as needed, discontinues IVs before discharge, records and delivers amount of solutions as ordered.
- Administers medications and oxygen as needed, documents all administration
- Recognizes symptoms of cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, and/or other impending crisis; initiates emergency response.
- Considers “Universal Precautions" in the delivery of patient care.
- Coordinates the activities of other health care professionals and ancillary staff in assisting the patient for discharge.
- Instructs the patient in self-care and in home treatment of postoperative symptoms.
- Documents all postoperative care.
- Accurately and promptly documents unusual occurrences noted during the postoperative phase of recovery.
- Surveys patient record and recovery record for CQI as needed.
- Assists and completes post-discharge call evaluations.
- Assists in properly caring for and disinfecting equipment and furniture in the recovery areas.
- Reports equipment malfunction and documents return to service of equipment.
- Participates in the evaluation and in-servicing of new supplies and equipment.
- The PACU RN continuously evaluates the patient’s response to nursing interventions and modifies the nursing care plan to achieve the desired outcome.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Louisiana RN State Licensure
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent post-anesthesia, critical care or recovery experience
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
Specialists Hospital Shreveport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Specialists Hospital Shreveport, LLC