Program Specialist - Long Island and New York City Regions
Special Olympics New York, Inc. New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION TITLE: Program Specialist – Long Island and New York City Regions
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Program
LOCATION: Position will be based in either the Long Island or New York City regional office depending on candidates location. However, travel between offices will be needed.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited college/university. Sufficient formal or informal training experience in Database Management Systems (DBMS) administration, including data entry, maintenance, database design, and analysis, as well as experience as a database administrator is preferred.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Utilizing information technology systems, methods, and vendors; responsible for the planning, implementation, and coordination of a sports data system with a focus on accuracy and system integrity for records and processes with support for local and remote operations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and provide instruction and training to volunteers and athletes.
- Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Office, database applications, computer files and creating presentations
- Event or Project based database support
- Quality clerical and organization skills.
- Ability to learn and understand new software (GMS, Vsys)
- Understanding and experience with the mission and function of Special Olympics New York.
- Bi-lingual is recommended; Chinese or Spanish preferred
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing support to the Long Island and New York City Region’s program team by assisting and supporting all functions related to regional program. Primary responsibilities include management of data, organizational tasks and department support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist the Long Island and New York City program team with all program functions including data management, volunteer recruitment and management, coach education, community outreach and competition logistics logistics
- Contribute to the planning, organization and implementation of Long Island and New York City Region program.
· Data presentation, building queries, and developing reports
- Utilizes available tools and processes to maximize data results, including Games Management System (GMS)
- Interact with staff, volunteers, vendors etc. as delegated in the development and dissemination of materials and information regarding Special Olympics Regional program to appropriate individuals and agencies.
- Coordinate logistics for events including the collection and management of pertinent records, data, reports and information.
· Inclusion, Unified Sports and the Unified Champion School programming are present and prioritized in the foundation of our core elemental movement, found embedded in our seasonal and annual calendar, and activity. All program staff members hold responsibilities collaterally and fundamentally for inclusive mission and the Unified programming.
In addition to the responsibilities identified above, may be requested or required to perform other duties and/or responsibilities, by management on a non-regular basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds for short distances, approximately one block).
FLEXIBLE HOURS: Occasional travel and weekend/evening duties are required.
Special Olympics New York is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, age, parental status, socio-economic background, military service, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
Please submit cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements to Special Olympics New York, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code “LINYC-PS” in subject line. No phone calls please.
Special Olympics New York, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great team, community involvement and rewarding experiences!
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
AddressNew York, NY