There is an opening at an established law firm in Portland looking for a Trusts & Estates Litigation Paralegal. Similarly, ideal candidates have 3 years of estate and trust administration experience. In addition, candidates should be comfortable with complex litigation matters and should open to working in a fast-paced environment. Individuals will be expected to understand e-filing, trial preparation and litigation. This firm offers a welcoming culture where attorneys and professional staff work side by side. They offer excellent benefits and room to grow. This firm loves to promote from within and reward work performance and a positive attitude!
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- 3 years of estate and trust administration experience (other litigation experience may work as well)
- Ability to file estate documents
- Knowledge of all aspects of estate and trust administration, including preparing and filing all probate court/estate administration documents
- Ability to manage a matter from start to finish and own the work product
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and within timelines
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers including clients with sensitive matters
- Ability to collect, evaluate, maintain and monitor estate and trust assets, income, and expenses and utilize Excel or other software to organize this information
- Knowledge of compiling tax information and preparing estate tax returns and gift tax returns
- Experience in drafting simple wills and other estate planning documents is a plus but not a must have
If you are qualified and interested, please appl The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.