Special Counsel is seeking temporary Paralegals to work from home (remote) to help with the COVID-19 Relief effort for a 6+ month assignment (possibility of extension). This contract position is processing COVID-19-related loans, to aid those that qualify, for the federal stimulus package.
- Perform legal reviews of loan documents for compliance with agency policies, regulations, and laws.
- Respond to inquiries related to loans for internal partners, external partners, and the general public.
- Manage a loan portfolio and perform all loan closing duties as assigned.
- Make recommendations for disbursement of funds within agency guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of legal document review process
- Experience with legal research
- Remote accessibility: Must have reliable access to telephone and private WiFi
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Comfortable interfacing with customers
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office or other database software
- At least 1-year of experience as a Paralegal OR 1 year of legal research experience
- 1+ years in a customer facing positions
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies or Business Administration
- Unlicensed attorneys/ JDs may apply with relevant experience
- 8- hours shifts, 5 days a week. Shifts are available between 6:00 AM CST to 7:30 PM CST; Monday-Saturday