Real Estate Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Am Law Firm (ON-SIT
Special Counsel New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Real Estate Legal Assistant/Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Handling all matters related to title and surveys.
- Prepare mortgage documents, execution of documents and arrangement, and oversight of escrow closings with title companies.
- Prepare, monitor and track closing documents, closing checklists, deeds and transfer tax returns.
- Coordinate and organize signature pages in preparation for closings.
- Assist with closings, including attendance at closings and post-closing matters.
- Create limited liability companies, including preparation of formation documents, ordering searches, UCC filings and overseeing all filing requirements.
- Support multi-state commercial transactions, including: survey review, review of title insurance commitments and policies, document production and proofreading, assistance with the production and execution of mortgage documents and work on closings.
- Review underlying title exception documents; review title insurance commitments; review surveys and property descriptions (including negotiation of survey certifications); negotiate title insurance coverage on complex commercial transactions; negotiate title endorsements and affirmative coverage; act as primary contact with surveyors and title companies on the above.
- Perform real estate due diligence (including lease reviews); order and review flood hazard determinations and related required flood insurance; review departmental searches including zoning letters, PZR reports, certificates of occupancy, judgment and lien searches, environmental reports, housing building and fire department reports.
- Ad hoc projects
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years recent experience as a Real Estate Legal Assistant ot Paralegal required.
- Strong client service skill.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention-to-detail, spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and exhibit sound judgment.
- Effective and proactive team player.
- Flexible and available to work overtime as needed (includes evening and weekend).
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Become a notary public within the first 6 months of employment (if not a notary public already).
If qualified, interested and looking to learn more about this Real Estate Legal Assistant/Paralegal job in New York City, New York, please send an MS Word version of your resume to specialcounsel.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
AddressNew York, NY
LegalView all jobs at Special Counsel