New York Office of well-known large law firm is looking for a Temporary Litigation Paralegal to assist attorneys (mainly 2 partners) in project management, all aspects of litigation support, and through trial and appeal process. The Temporary Litigation Paralegal will: draft documents; perform legal and investigative research; assist with coordinating document productions; perform document review for responsiveness, privilege and other substantive or objective criteria; factual research; cite checking legal memoranda as well as bluebook; manage deadlines; prepare routine legal documents; handle filing and organizing documents and case files as well as e-file; perform document analysis and work on ad hoc projects. Overtime is required on an as needed basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Coordinates and manages large and complex document productions and litigation projects.
2. Manages and utilizes automated litigation support tools including, but not limited to, Adobe, CaseMap, LiveNote, Westlaw, various document databases, trial support equipment, as well as in-house firm management software.
3. Compiles information concerning issues identified by attorneys and prepare documentation or statistics, charts, graphs, databases and other metrics as appropriate which clearly detail the findings.
4. Interacts with clients and outside vendors, expert witnesses and other law firms to gather and share information or data.
5. Works with client and attorneys to gather, track, analyze and produce responsive documents.
6. Creates and maintains case files and assists with team calendars and scheduling tasks.
7. Conducts cite checking.
8. Manages and utilizes automated litigation support tools including MS Office software, Westlaw, and Lexis.
9. Performs factual research to identify issues and relevant matters, including confirming facts and legal authority and preparing compilations of findings.
10. Reviews and drafts routine legal documents.
11. Works in conjunction with other paralegals, secretaries, and other staff to bring projects to completion.
12. Electronic filing of documents with various courts, including District of Columbia and New York Supreme Court, District of Columbia and New York Federal Courts and District of Columbia and New York Appellate Courts.
At least 5 years of recent experience as a Litigation Paralegal, preferably at a well-known law firm
Paralegal certificate preferred
Must have federal and state experience; must have state experience in addition to NY
Must know how to cite check and use bluebook
Knowledge of Bate stamping with Adobe is required
TOAs and TOCs
Must be proactive with attorneys and be willing to assist other groups and deal teams when needed
If you are qualified, interested and available in this Temporary Litigation Paralegal role, please send an MS Word version of your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.