Are you an indispensable Legal Secretary with experience supporting partner level attorneys? Special Counsel may have the opportunity for you! Our client is a respected Florida law firm seeking to add an experienced team member to assist in their litigation group. They are seeking someone with over three years of litigation support experience. This is a Temp-to-hire position.
Special Counsel has been the premier provider of legal staffing and recruiting services in the United States. Today, we continue to lead the industry, leveraging the expertise of our people, the principles of our company and our unparalleled connections within the legal community.
- Manage attorney's calendar through Legal Files e.g., schedules appointments, coordinates depositions and appearances. Resolve scheduling conflicts with attorney's approval
- Working with attorneys on travel arrangements
- File legal documents with proper courts
- Prepare and assemble materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings including electronic media and technology used within the office and court system
- Prepare, thorough transcription of written or recorded documents, standard legal documents i.e., contracts, briefs, motions, summonses etc.
- Proofread and correct prepared materials for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
- Ensure legal documents contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance
- Three plus years’ prior experience in a legal environment with e-filing experience strongly preferred
- Experience at a large law firm preferred
- Must have strong typing, transcription and solid ability to edit and proofread legal documents
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills
- Ability to work with an extremely high level of accuracy
- Prior experience with legal software systems preferred
If this Legal Secretary job in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida sounds like a great opportunity for you, apply now by submitting your resume in Word format!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.