Special Counsel is seeking an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant/Secretary for a contract opportunity with a premier law firm in Charlotte, NC. This requirement is expected to last several months.
- Assisting busy litigation attorneys with a variety of administrative tasks such as calendaring, docketing, filings, entering billable time for attorneys and paralegals as well as drafting client correspondence, etc.
- Transcribe, revise, finalize correspondence, discovery documents, pleadings, motions and other materials
- Schedule depositions and other client meetings, communicate with clients as necessary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects is critical
- 5+ years of recent State and Federal litigation experience
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent time management skills, written and verbal communication skills; researching/problem-solving skills
- Experience with a document management system, docketing system, billing and time entry programs preferred
If you are interested in this position and feel that you qualify, please The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.