Special Counsel is seeking a high-level corporate paralegal to assist the in-house legal department of a large publicy traded company with general corporate work, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities law.
Our Client is a well-established and stable company with a mid-sized legal team looking for a well-rounded professional who is a team-player.
- Prepare and file reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the NASDAQ securities exchange, including SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K and exhibits to such reports, annual proxy statements, and securities transaction filings for directors and executive officers of the company, including reports on SEC Forms, 3, 4, and 5
- Assist in review, organization and managment of M&A files and documentation
- Maintain SEC EDGAR codes for the company and its directors and executive officers
- Preparation and distribution of board and committee notices, agendas, resolutions, and meeting minutes
- Compile and maintain minute books, including preparation of annual consents and filings
- Processing preclearance forms for company insiders, processing and tracking 10b5-1 plans, and other support functions associated with maintaining, updating, and enforcing internal policies administered by the law department, including the company’s Insider Trading Policy
- Contribute to organizational, process, and procedural review and changes to increase departmental efficiency
- Perform various administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and webinars, mail sorting and distribution, creating binders for board and committee meetings, retention and destruction of law department documents
- 7+ years of paralegal experience with an in house corporate law team, including experience assisting public companies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 7+ years drafting and redlining legal agreements
- Experience as a paralegal with a semiconductor or other manufacturing company preferred
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Relocation Ass The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.