Are you an experienced legal secretary interested in a contract job opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA? This role may become contract-to-hire for the right individual. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence (including TOCs and TOAs); filing and e-filing in state and federal courts; preparing hearing binders, trial notebooks, trial exhibits, and deposition binders; calendaring; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as answering phones, attorney time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, proactive attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years of solid legal secretary experience
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and attorney time entry software(s)
- A thorough understanding of filing and e-filing in state and federal courts and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with an energetic, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary interested in stepping up your career, please apply today! To see additional job opportunities across the country, check out www.specialcounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.