Firearms Retail Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $21 Hourly
Purpose of Position:
The Firearms Retail Specialist (FRSS) is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service in a prompt and courteous manner, processing sales accurately, and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets. The FRSS will provide knowledgeable detailed information, assistance, and direction to customers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (*DO NOT apply without these requirements)
Age Requirement: *MUST Be 21 Years of Age
* Valid US Driver’s License
* Ability to successfully complete and obtain/maintain a favorable background.
* No Criminal History (i.e., Felonies)
* Must be able to Legally Own and Possess Firearms Under Federal and State Law.
* Must be an American Citizen.
* Must be able to regularly pass a drug test.
* Have or be able to acquire a VA Concealed Carry Licenses.
Experience: Experience working in retail sales and customer service (minimum 1 year) with candidate having knowledge of federal and state laws for firearms and accessory sales is highly preferred.
Education and Training: A high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma are required.
Travel Requirements: Must have reliable transportation
This position involves a variety of physical activities including talking, listening, sitting, and standing for multiple hours, and repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for completing computer work. The ability to stand for extended periods of time is also required.
-Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, Etc
-Light work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects up to 20 Pounds, Occasionally -safely move and lift objects up to 50 Pounds or more.
· Good verbal and written communication capabilities are required as well as good math and problem-solving skills.
· The ability to work closely with customers and co-workers.
· Be able to speak clear and proper English.
· Strong Knowledge of All State, Federal, And Company Firearms Regulations – (ATF, Virginia, Dc and Maryland)
· Ability to Safely Handle Firearms
· Proficient computer skills and knowledge of using Word, PowerPoint and internet searching.
Essential Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
· Provide the very best in customer service by greeting customers upon entrance into store and thanking them upon exiting the store.
· Demonstrate and Educate Products to Customers
· Maintains “Expert” Product Knowledge and be able to provide Product Recommendations, as appropriate.
· Ensure proper completion federal form 4473; VA state form SP65 and all ID and paperwork required for firearms sales. Performs daily price checks and reports discrepancies to supervisor. Ensures compliance with all state and Federal laws pertaining to firearms sales, by maintaining accurate control and accountability of on-site weapons.
- In-depth knowledge of form 4473.
- Maintain accuracy when completing employee portion of 4473.
- Review and ensure accuracy on customer portion of form 4473.
- Ensure all ATF standards are met for all firearm transactions.
· Keeps Work Area Clean, Neat and Well Stocked with Supplies, clean restrooms and public spaces and clear garbage from office spaces.
· All other duties as assigned. Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management, which may at times include assisting in other departments.
· Adheres to safety regulations and standards. Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. Adheres to established standards of actively supporting the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and prevention of sexual harassment.
· Effectively communicate any issues, requirements, needs or customer complaints to Management, in timely manner.
· Answer incoming phone calls and offer information relating to the facility or assist the caller to find the information they need.
· Assist with events and operations during evening, nights, or weekend hours, as requested.
· Work and communicate effectively as a team member.
· Constantly Assess the Accuracy, Neatness and Thoroughness of the Work Assigned – attention to detail is a must.
6464 General Green WayAlexandria, VA
RetailView all jobs at SpecDive LLC