Director of Sales and Events
Spearfish Canyon Lodge Lead, SD
- Posted: 28 days ago
Job Summary: The sales and events coordinator is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, and securing profitable guest room and banquet/catering business as directed by the General Manager/AGM. Ensure company standards are met and company policies are followed. Coordinated all banquet functions with the Restaurant or Banquet Manager. Act as manager on duty when needed or assigned by the General Manager/AGM. Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer service is our number one priority.
- Solicit, negotiate, and secure business from all assigned market segments.
- Establish an appropriate client base sufficient to ensure that budgeted sales goals are met.
- Ensure that all arrangements and agreements have been approved by the General Manager/AGM prior to entering a contract.
- Ensure that current and prospective client databases and trace files are maintained, and the files are kept current and accessible.
- Attend all staff meetings to ensure that all our clients’ special needs are addressed and that all information on the Banquet Function Agreements is clearly understood. Present all functions for the upcoming week.
- Participate with set up, staffing, billing, ensure all aspects of the function are assigned and carried out.
- Maintain the leads program daily for review by the General Manager.
- Maintain a professional and businesslike appearance through proper grooming, dress, and attitude.
- Assure confidentiality of all company related business activities.
- Assist with Front Desk, Restaurant, Banquet Service, Tour Greeting and Function Set-up when necessary, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Coordinate and or perform with the Restaurant/Banquet Manager the set up, decorations, equipment, and staffing of each banquet/meeting 48 hours prior to function.
- Hold regular meetings with the supervisor and Restaurant/Banquet Manager.
- Make sure that company personnel policies and federal, state, and local labor laws are followed.
- Have general knowledge of the hotel, bar, restaurant, sports center, and surrounding areas.
Spearfish Canyon Lodge
BusinessView all jobs at Spearfish Canyon Lodge