Tier 1 Help Desk Technician / Junior DevOps Engineer
Who We Are.
Spear Technologies is a SaaS software solution and service provider delivering the property and casualty insurance sector’s first and only policy and claim lifecycle management products built with the Microsoft Power Platform.
In addition to skills, experiences, and cultural fit, we select and evaluate our team members based on these core values:
1. Problem Solver – Always striving to find a way
2. Accountable – Pride in ownership
3. Team player – Professional and humble
Spear Technologies is on the hunt for a proactive and detail-oriented Tier 1 Help Desk Technician / Junior DevOps Engineer to deliver swift and reliable technical support on various computer systems. Your key responsibility will be to effectively troubleshoot basic technical issues, offer robust solutions, and provide strategic advice to mitigate future concerns.
As an outstanding Help Desk Technician, you're not only expected to possess a solid understanding of technical concepts but also communicate these effectively, simplifying complex problem-solving processes to ensure all stakeholders understand the problem and its resolution. An unwavering commitment to customer service is crucial in this role, requiring you to be patient and customer-centric when handling all tiers of user support. This includes the ability to successfully interact and build relationships with end users across our organization.
Moving towards the Junior DevOps domain, the ideal candidate should demonstrate an eagerness to learn and adapt to rapidly evolving technologies. Your role would include tasks related to efficient code deployment and administering the Microsoft PowerPlatform. This is a role that demands continuous learning and a strong dedication to mastering new tools and techniques. Your interest and initiative in this aspect will play a pivotal role in your success at Spear Technologies.
In our fast-paced environment, we value team players who are dedicated to providing top-notch service while continuously seeking ways to improve both their own skills and our processes. If you're a solution-oriented individual with a drive for technical problem-solving and continuous learning, Spear Technologies would be thrilled to welcome you to the team.
The IT Helpdesk Technician will:
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers requiring technical assistance via phone or email, setting the standard for prompt and professional support.
- Perform remote troubleshooting utilizing a variety of diagnostic techniques and leveraging effective questioning skills to pinpoint the nature of technical issues.
- Devise the most appropriate solutions tailored to customer-specific issues and the information they provide, ensuring effective problem resolution.
- Guide the customer through the problem-solving process in a clear, concise manner, enabling them to better understand and navigate their technical challenges.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate level of support personnel, ensuring all necessary information is communicated effectively for further troubleshooting.
- Furnish accurate, up-to-date information on IT products and services, aiding customer understanding and decision-making.
- Document all relevant events, problems, and their resolutions in our ticketing system, contributing to a robust knowledge base that can be referred to in the future.
- Follow up with customers, updating their status and information, ensuring they are informed and satisfied with the support provided.
- Channel any customer feedback or suggestions to the relevant internal teams, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and refinement of our services and products.
- Identify, suggest, and implement potential improvements to existing procedures, thereby enhancing efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct monthly patching exercises for both Windows and Mac computers, ensuring software is consistently up-to-date and secure.
- Assist in code deployments and Microsoft Power Platform administration, contributing to the smooth operation and evolution of our DevOps landscape.
- Perform other duties as required.
In this dynamic role, your technical prowess, proactive problem-solving, and customer-focused mindset will serve as vital tools in maintaining and enhancing our IT services and procedures. Your willingness to learn and grow alongside our evolving technology landscape will be key in delivering the utmost value to our organization and customers.
- Demonstrated experience in a help desk technician role or similar customer support position, where you've showcased your problem-solving skills and commitment to user satisfaction.
- A technically proficient individual with a robust working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, and remote control solutions. Familiarity with troubleshooting and resolving issues in these areas is key.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products, enabling you to troubleshoot a wide array of potential issues.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal. You should be able to convey technical guidance and instructions in a way that is easy to understand for non-technical users.
- A customer-centric mindset, underpinned by the drive to deliver best-in-class service to all end users. Your commitment to customer satisfaction should be at the heart of all you do.
- Preferred but not required: A working knowledge of PowerShell or another scripting language. This familiarity will aid in more advanced troubleshooting, system automation, and configuration tasks.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment. As technologies evolve, so must our strategies for supporting them. Your willingness to stay on top of industry trends and to embrace ongoing learning will be crucial.
Our ideal candidate is not just experienced but also forward-thinking and committed to personal and professional growth. We're looking for someone who is as passionate about delivering exceptional support to end users as they are about contributing to a collaborative, innovative team culture.
Location: Denver, CO
- Competitive compensation package including 100% paid Health coverage for the employee and 85% coverage for dependents. We pay for 80% coverage for Dental and Vision, for employees and dependents
- Flexible time off + 10 paid holidays!
- Opportunity to work for an entrepreneurial company in an exciting phase of growth
- Great company culture and the office building has an onsite gym, full kitchen and is walking distance to restaurants and shops. The Culture Team hosts happy hours and celebrates holidays with company social events, and much more!
- 401(k) with matching
Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a total compensation range of $55,000 to $65,000 OTE.
In addition to our commitment to equal pay for equal work, Spear Technologies is also committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, age, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Spear TechnologiesDenver, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.