THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BALAD, IRAQ.
The Quality Manager is a key member of the OCONUS management team due to the regulatory, customer interface, and operational requirements. The Quality Manager is responsible for all aspects of a compliant Quality Management System including development, implementation, reporting, and continuous improvement efforts. The position requires extensive knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control concepts, methods, and practices as they relate to aircraft flight and maintenance operations. The incumbent must have an in-depth knowledge of quality policies, procedures, industry specifications, and audit methods/ techniques and be able to effectively lead others within the Quality organization. The position requires cooperation and interaction with other members of the management team, including, Purchasing, Maintenance, Contracts, Production.
Operations, as well as, customer and regulatory agency representatives on matters relating to the Quality Management System
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
• Report on Safety, Quality, and related metrics
• Establish a schedule, quality, and safety targets for the group; Delegate, as necessary, to leads and direct reports to accomplish goals;
• Reinforce and champion the idea and culture of continuous improvement and motivate ideas for operations improvement projects;
• Identify personnel quality and safety escapes and provide/suggest opportunities for training and cross-training in positions; with the assistance of HR as needed;
• Partner with other departments to ensure adherence to the Spartan Contract Flight and Ground Operating Procedures (CFOP), Quality Manual and similar-to ISO 9001-2015 requirements;
• Partner with HR and direct reports to resolve problems, complaints, or grievances, and to plan and forecast staffing;
• Lead and Support lean initiatives;
• Partner with Operations, Program Management, and Production Control to ensure commitments are met for product delivery;
• Provide input as required for quarterly Management Review and lead monthly Safety and Quality meetings
• Coordinate customer, other party and regulatory agency regularly scheduled and ad hoc quality system assessments as required;
• Provide Quality Systems input as required during new contract proposal and/or negotiation processes;
• Provide visibility to upper management of quality systems issues, as well as, input on perceptions and corrective actions associated with Quality and Delivery performance;
• Develop, implement, and ensure continuing maintenance of quality assurance system elements;
• Coordinate quality system procedure review and revision activities;
• Provide training as required in quality system concepts, audit techniques, approaches to corrective/ preventive actions and continuous improvements;
• Support Supply Chain Management with supply base approval and surveillance efforts as well as procurement quality system enhancements as requested;
• Establish and communicate quality system performance metrics for customer and management visibility;
• Manage quality assurance internal audit schedule, performance, and follow up activities providing management visibility of audit status as required;
• May occasionally perform special projects;
• Manage Quality Department personnel, including Subcontractor Quality personnel, and the inspection of Academy operations, maintenance operations, and inspections including equipment, supplies, and parts.
• Perform other duties, as assigned
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control concepts, methods and
• Previous experience with Quality Assurance in aircraft maintenance operations;
• Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings, including, but not limited to Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Technical Orders, SI/AD’s, TCTO’s, customer Bills of Materials, specifications, and tolerances;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); Knowledge in Microsoft Project is helpful, but not required.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
• Demonstrates prioritization and planning skills.
• Understand/use techniques for effective control of quality, cost, and scheduling
• Knowledge and familiarity with Six Sigma and lean manufacturing work area practices is preferred, including 5-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, work center metrics, and continuous improvement processes and able to instruct others in these practices.
• 8+ years of experience in a quality and aircraft environment
• 5+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
• FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license with Inspection Authorization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
We’re proud that the United States Government and the Government of Iraq have identified us as the sole source provider for a historic aviation training program.
Spartan Iraq, LLC, was formed in 2014 to support the establishment of an air academy in Iraq. We’re thrilled to bring a fresh mix of commercial- and military-style aviation training to a valued partner of the United States.
Spartan Iraq, LLC
Why Work Here?Welcome to Spartan Iraq! We’re proud that the United States Government and the Government of Iraq have identified us as the sole source provider for a historic aviation training program. Spartan Iraq, LLC, was formed in 2014 to support the establishment of an air academy in Iraq. We’re thrilled to bring a fresh mix of commercial- and military-style aviation training to a valued partner of the United States.
Spartan Iraq, LLC is working with the U.S. Government to assist in building an aviation academy in Iraq to benefit the Iraq Air Force