- Posted: over a month ago
- Per Diem
At Spartan Investment Group our mission is to Improve lives through real estate. We do this by finding value-add and opportunistic investments offering solid returns to our investors, providing an opportunity to grow for our partners, and creating lasting wealth for everyone with whom we conduct business. We specifically focus on self-storage and RV park projects while capitalizing on amazing deals in other asset classes. In 2021, we were listed as the 5th fastest growing real estate company in the US (#166 overall) and joined the list of the top 100 owners of self-storage. Spartan Investment Group is building out our General Contracting team SCM (Spartan Construction Management) to manage development and expansion projects.
As Spartans Project Superintendent, you will be in the field managing ground up projects as well as additions to existing properties for SCM. The position requires an understanding of all construction trades including civil, structural concrete, paving, wood and metal frame construction, electrical, and interior finishes. As the Project Superintendent, you will be managing the project schedule, project costs and overseeing subcontractors in each discipline for projects ranging from 500k to 25 million in total project cost. This is a new position within our quickly growing organization and is an exciting opportunity to take ownership and build out our SCM infrastructure. We need someone who is a leader, a self-learner, a builder of processes, and comfortable maintaining a work-life balance in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Ownership of the jobsite as the main point of contact for all project stakeholders.
- Oversight of discipline subcontractors
- Schedule management including coordinating subcontractors, schedule progress updates and driving work to stay within the project timeline
- Cost Management
- Scope Management
- Construction permit management, coordinating inspections and subcontractor permit requirements
- Coordination with engineering and architectural firms throughout the project lifecycle
- Support the design phase utilizing existing data to maximize the properties potential
- Assist with sourcing bids from local subcontractors
- Assist with vetting local subcontractors for performance, cost, and quality
- Assist with discipline scopes of work to be used for estimating and construction.
- Support the subcontractor selection and contracting process.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local codes, laws and regulations
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies
- Assist in annual planning and program build out of SOPs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Excellent Ability to build new systems and processes
- Ability to navigate a high growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- 100% regional travel required (TX, GA, FL, TN).
- 7+ Years of experience in General Contracting
- 3+ years of experience overseeing Commercial Construction Projects
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Construction Management or Engineering
- A drive to learn and do as much as possible in an entrepreneurial setting
- Ability to use ones own autonomy and creativity to be macro managed with mentorship
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Salaried position, per diem, health/dental/vision benefits, 401k, profit sharing, unlimited PTO, flex office hours, wellness & transportation reimbursement, annual ski pass, continuing education reimbursement, and other perks with an all-star team and culture.
Location and Type: Full Time Exempt Employment, 100% regional travel required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a drug-free, smoke free company that strives to keep employees happy and balanced. All employees subject to a background and drug test.
Spartan Investment Group, LLC has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the Company may pay for the position at the time of posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary, equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
Spartan Investment Group
ConstructionView all jobs at Spartan Investment Group