Creative Services Specialist
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The Creative Services Specialist (CSS) plans and executes the art, design and other visual elements of effective marketing materials, while ensuring overall production quality and effectiveness. The CSS will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following: video testimonials, animations, instructor spotlights, graduation events, scripted media, post-production, creating and maintaining video library, and managing video content across all campuses. This role routinely works with campus staff and CRC Marketing staff to create quality creative work that fulfills client goals and expectations. The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Organize daily requests and projects
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, while managing simultaneous projects
- Develop design concepts and directions for photography, video, animation, and marketing materials, as assigned
- Develop compelling concepts and designs that differentiates the brand, is appropriate for target audience and drives key initiatives
- Create layouts, mockups and prototypes that may be required to illustrate design ideas to other members of the team or management
- Act as quality control, securing final project approval before distribution of any materials occur
- Ensure all deadlines are met and confirm clients are satisfied with the end results
- Consult with marketing team to obtain information on products or services to design communication materials that meet strategies and objectives
- Recognize the intended audience(s) and the best strategies for reaching said population(s)
- Gain an understanding of the industry through collaboration with marketing team, cross-functional departments, and self-driven research
- Responsible for staying current on design and technology trends, recommending new technology and upgrades when necessary
· Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, communications, or related field preferred
· 2+ years of professional experience in design/ videography
· Understanding of creative tools, including related software, production processes, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Depth perception. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk or hear.
Spartan College provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
In keeping with the above conviction, Spartan College is committed to assuring that:
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law;
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; and all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.