CLS Site Manager
The Upgrade Training Manager role is critical to the continuation of knowledge transfer for Spartan Air Academy Iraq graduates. The UGT Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the On-The-Job (Upgrade) Training Program consisting of a three phased approach including Phase I: See It, Phase II: Do It, and Phase III: Master It. Executing this program will include organizing trainee rotations across groups of general and aircraft specific tasks to ensure each trainee develops and enhances skills required to optimally perform in an organic aircraft maintenance environment. To ensure consistent development of trainees the UGT Manager will maintain a folder comprised of general aircraft tasks, organizational policies and procedures for conducting aircraft maintenance safely, and specialty training as applicable to each individual trainee. This folder will be used to assist the UGT Manager and other UGT Instructors in monitoring trainee progress and identifying deficiencies or additional training that may be required to keep the trainee progressing through the program. In addition to executing this program the UGT Manager will develop a “Train the Trainer” class to enhance each technician’s knowledge regarding requirements of being an effective UGT instructor including documents required, how to conduct effective on-the-job training, and proper processes to ensure a level of standardization is achieved by trainees. This class will result in the development of a Required Inspection Items (RII) roster denoting which UGT Instructors are eligible to perform UGT training on each of the RII’s. The UGT Manager will require exceptional coordination skills to ensure that UGT instructors, maintenance technicians, and IqAF trainees are prepared to support all maintenance activity by, with, and through IqAF personnel as required to support Spartan Air Academy Iraq’s flight training program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
1. Develop the Upgrade Training Program for Spartan Air Academy Iraq with support from the CLS Site Manager and CLS Program Manager
2. Create standardized maintenance task progression for new trainees to progress through each phase of the UGT Program
3. Define required inspection items (RII) list and keep updated RII roster of technicians able to perform each specialized item on the RII list
4. Maintain trainee records and individual trainee folders including all items by aircraft type for which the trainee must demonstrate proficiency to progress from 3- to 5- to 7- level mechanic
5. Ensure trainees folders are up to date detailing all maintenance tasks they have completed
6. Identify deficiencies and/or additional training required to keep the trainee progressing and sign off once the task has been completed and mastery achieved
7. Integrate Upgrade Training into normal maintenance operations through daily coordination with the Maintenance Controller
8. Assign trainee groups (“rotations”) to specific maintenance activities to ensure progress through each program phase
9. Conduct “Train the Trainer” class to enhance technician knowledge of required UGT documentation, how to conduct effective on-the-job training, and proper processes for standardization
10. Lead selection of trainees and technicians with appropriate experience, skill, and aptitude to participate in “Train the Trainer” instruction
11. Coordinate with the Maintenance Controller to identify and schedule aircraft for special training, Not Reportable for Training (NRT)
12. Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to ensure all maintenance activities performed by trainees are recorded and signed off by FAA A&P certified personnel
13. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Demonstrated aircraft maintenance instruction experience
2. Strong understanding of aircraft maintenance procedures
3. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
4. Ability to structure a dynamic and productive learning environment
5. Deficiency recognition and remedial path development
6. Troubleshooting, problem solving, innovation, and creativity
7. Ability to read and understand technical documents including engineering drawings, service bulletins, technical orders, etc.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing systems and fax/scanner machines. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs. This position is located OCONUE – Balad, Iraq.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities or periods of extended flight and maintenance operations.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associates degree in aviation related field
2. At least three years in aircraft maintenance instruction
3. At least five years in aircraft maintenance
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in aviation related field
2. At least five years in aircraft maintenance instruction
3. FAA A&P Certification (or equivalent)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.