Deputy Site Manager
Under a Government Contract- Spartan's Base Life Support (BLS) Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support for on site management in Balad, Iraq. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office and Adobe skills are required to successfully perform office duties. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, this individual will perform duties such as coordination of meetings and conferences, coordinating mailings, working on special projects and provide quality customer service to staff, subcontractors and all other personnel that contacts the office. This individual will be able to prioritize responsibilities and gather proper information to complete work based on urgency. Also, assembles highly confidential and sensitive information and practice independent judgment as required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
- Handles customer relations for office with staff and subcontractors.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, conferences and functional activities for the department.
- Responsible for travel vouchers and ticking requests such as hotels, airlines, transportation, etc.
- Coordinates with security to assist with lockouts, lost keys, etc.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and gathers proper information to complete work orders.
- Creates and develops visual presentations as needed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the office and the functions within. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Acts as a liaison with other functions and outside agencies, including high-level staff.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of meeting preparation for meetings held at the Office.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, reports, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Prepares expense reports and other information needed for travel reimbursement and other business expenses, documenting corporate credit card expenses to Finance.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Adobe
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- High level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing systems and fax/scanner machines. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs. The individual may be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other dangers associated with this area.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This will require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree
- 2 years of Senior Assistant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 five years of Senior-level Assistant experience
- Fluent in Arabic language; Experience translating written and verbal communication between English and Arabic
- Must be willing to work and live in Iraq for contract period
- Employee will be required to work and live in a potentially hostile environment, at remote locations, and under austere conditions.
- Must be able to obtain a visa for Iraq
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass background check
- Must have a valid passport without restrictions or be able to obtain one
- The individual may be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other dangers associated with this area
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.