- Posted: over a month ago
Sparrow Company, an executive search and staffing firm, has an immediate opening for a Project Expeditor in the Houston, TX area. This is a long term temporary opportunity.
Provide project expediting and planning services to a broad portfolio of projects ranging from highly standardized/small scale assets (valued around $100k- $500k) to complex and unique facilities with asset values in the order of $500k and above.
Duties and responsibilities
Maintain a safe workplace and strive for zero occupational injuries, accidents and environmental incidences.
- Provide expediting support for purchased equipment and engineered fabricated equipment contracts.
- Interface with procurement, engineering, planning, project management, and quality to ensure order requirements are understood and complied with by the supplier.
- Interface with project team members to understand the shipping requirements to meet contractual requirements.
- Establish formal and informal communications with suppliers to enable timely, accurate and forward-looking analysis of supplier's progress in meeting interim delivery schedules of supplier data, manufacturing milestones, raw material deliveries, and material/equipment delivery.
- Obtain submittals and verify progress towards delivery milestones that support project schedules. Assess and challenge data received. Formulate and execute appropriate corrective actions, when necessary, to ensure suppliers meet critical milestones.
- Maintain accurate Purchase Order delivery data and communicate any schedule change to the project teams.
- Prepare or contribute to preparation of frequent reports detailing supplier's progress, problems encountered and solutions to maintain fabrication, testing and delivery schedules.
- Assist in managing import/export documentation working closely with freight forwarding companies.
- Review and analyze lead times from suppliers and adjust to include transportation times
- Manage and adjust delivery times and quantities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in a technical or commercial discipline preferred
- 3+ years' experience in an industrial engineering or manufacturing environment
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience in a relevant industry
- Prior experience in supply chain or project management/project controls in a project-based company would be considered an asset
- Must be able to work in a project and team setting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with excellent inter-personal skills required.
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?