This position is located at our manufacturing site in Newton, Iowa, approximately 30 miles east of Des Moines, IA. This role supports 2nd shift production operations (approximately 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday afternoon through Friday evening) by administering and managing processes, programs, and policies relating to all phases of human resources activity.
Work with supervisors and managers to maintain a fair and positive work environment for employees; responds to employee concerns promptly and professionally.
- Take a leading role in talent management processes, including performance review and employee engagement programs.
- Lead employee relations investigations and advises line supervisors and managers in disciplinary action processes.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keep records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Train managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administer compensation pay programs to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Assist with administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurance, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Problem solving/analysis
- Project management
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Time management
- Proficiency with computer systems and applications, networked systems and personal computers, in the performance of work assignments, such as electronic spreadsheets, word processing, and graphics and human resources databases.