- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sparrow Company, an executive search and staffing firm, has an immediate opening for an Accounting Specialist. This is a temporary to hire opportunity.
Reports to: Accounting Manager Department: Accounting
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Handle general ledger bookkeeping
- Payroll tasks
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Ensure that a company's bills are pad on time and that the company is not overcharged for any service.
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors. Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records. Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
- Pays vendors; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed and adheres to deadlines.
Accounting Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Quick Books Experience (Preferred), Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Good Oral Communication Skills, and Writing Skills.
Applicants with the work experience desired need only apply.
Required experience and demonstrated results
- 2+ years' experience in Accounting functions.
AddressEl Paso, TX
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sparrow Company