SparkPost is the world's #1 email sender, trusted by customers like Atlassian, LinkedIn, Intercom, and Oracle to dramatically increase email performance. We send more than 37% of the world's business email, more than 5 trillion messages a year. SparkPost's unmatched data footprint and signals help leading enterprises break through the email noise to drive top-line results.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Columbia, MD office. The ideal candidate must be energetic, organized and detail oriented team player and will be an integral part of our growing enterprise software company.
- Feature Enhancements - Work with the product team to define feature specifications and complete them with a production quality implementation including positive and negative test cases.
- Testing - Testing is a primary focus of our development process, and every engineer is responsible unit and functional tests, both in Node.js and Perl.
- Debugging - Work with bugs originating from customer support tickets and internally produced bug reports. Solve issues in a timely manner. Analyze system behavior and performance issues, develop test cases to reproduce issues and develop fixes for the product to address these issues.
- Documentation - Ensuring documentation and product feature coherency.
- At least 3 years experience building and deploying high quality and highly reliable software products in a team environment.
- At least 3 years experience developing in Node.js.
- Experience with multi-threaded and event-based programming techniques.
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Troubleshooting using system tracing tools and debuggers.
- Familiarity with SMTP and other email related protocols a very strong plus.
- Experience with or exposure to NoSQL technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of Perl is a plus.
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus.
- Candidate should have, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited college or university
At SparkPost, we are committed to excellence and passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and in turn offer a work environment that fosters training and development with a generous compensation and benefits package.
Here are just a few opportunities we offer:
- Flexible hours (Work from Home on Friday)
- Outstanding benefits
- Team Building activities
- Stocked kitchen and catered lunch twice a week
- Open Floor Plan
- Ping Pong Tables, Shuffle Board, Trivia Nights
- Equipment includes MacBook Pro
- Distributed team centered on our engineering office in Columbia, MD