Community Engagement Apprentice
Spark-Y: Youth Action Labs
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
- $15 Hourly
Spark-Y: Youth Action Labs | Job Title: Community Engagement Apprentice
Spark-Y is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit empowering youth with hands-on education rooted in sustainability and entrepreneurship.
Timeframe: 300 hours (Start Date: June 12th)
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age Range: 18-24 years old
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, May 31st by 5pm
Spark-Y Youth Action Labs has been empowering youth since 2009 through hands-on engagement opportunities focused on agriculture, sustainability, entrepreneurship, and STEM. We work with a variety of schools, businesses, partner organizations, and community entities in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. Check out www.spark-y.org to learn more!
The Community Engagement Apprentice will assist the Community Engagement Manager with social media engagement, marketing and volunteer programming. This position is designed for students and other youth who are looking for a seasonal apprenticeship where they can gain valuable skills and make an impact in their community. The apprentice will gain valuable, hands-on experience working with a non-profit organization as well as a variety of skills including project management, scheduling posts for business social media accounts, and engaging community members through a non-profit.
Start Date: Flexible Start Date (Preferred June 12th)
Scope: 215 -300 Total Hours
Timing: Flexible (minimum of 10 hours per week)
- $500 stipend at the conclusion of training period + $15/hr wage activated after training
- Urban Agriculture Certification
- Entrepreneurship Certification
- Metro Transit Bus Pass (if requested)
ELIGIBILITY AND SKILLS
Apprentices must be 18-24 years old and have the ability and/or willingness to:
- Communicate effectively with interns, supervisors, other staff, and the public.
- Create a welcoming and safe environment that allows high school aged students to grow.
- Assist in planning and attend community events.
- Understand trends in social media platforms and experience working with brands of social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Research and develop skills in marketing, content creation or graphic design, social media outreach.
- Be willing to communicate with volunteers via phone, email and at events.
POTENTIAL PROJECTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating marketing content for Social Media Platforms and leveraging social media accounts for increased community engagement.
- Engaging in services to expand the reach of Community Engagement initiatives such as tabling offsite events and capturing photographs.
- Assisting in the redesign of the community engagement and volunteer pages of the website.
- Creating/ brainstorming engagement activities and events for volunteers, such as the annual appreciation event for volunteers.
- Assisting in the coordination of garden management with school partners and community members.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter by May 31st.
Spark-Y is an Equal Opportunity Employer | Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any accessibility accommodations.
Spark-Y: Youth Action LabsMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.