Spark Packaging Cincinnati, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Working with a high level of independence, the incumbent will manage multiple complex product and process development projects and programs.
- Take ownership in problem identification and resolution to facilitate new or improved packaging, package upgrades, new or improved processes and cost-savings.
- Assure that package design fully incorporates plant insights and customer needs.
- Assure new and renovated packaging is integrated into production systems to assure long term, commercially successfully products are launched into the marketplace.
- Coordinate development of package features and benefits, storage, shipping, and handling information with organization to assure full regulatory compliance and successful communication with sales team and customers.
- With a detailed understanding of standard production cost models; designing products to achieve targeted pricing and margins.
- Working closely with product development, engineering, and operations, define capital equipment needs to commercialize new products and justify expenditures against product potential.
- Investigate and recommend cost savings opportunities within current products.
- Understand and relate how product cost variances affect key financial indicators.
- Keep current on new packaging, processes and equipment through trade journals, professional meetings, food shows and meetings with technical representatives.
- Support philosophy of encouraging all members of the organization to participate in generating new package ideas, continuous product, and process improvement.
- Know current USDA, FDA, FNS regulations as they relate to the food packaging industry.
- Establish knowledgeable contacts with expertise in USDA, FDA and FNS regulations. Develop packages and processes with a defined HACCP program.
- Participate in interactions with business development and customers to provide appropriate product information; network with sales representatives to understand opportunities
- Act as a coach, mentor and technical resource to research and development and cross-functional staff members.
- High level contributor to developing data and assisting in presentations to senior leadership and customers.
- Participate in an environment of exploration and investigation; practice fact-based decision making.
- Establish and Maintain Critical Business Relationships
- Communicate frequently with industry contacts to stay abreast of technical and market developments.
- Participate in team and development activities (taste panel, meetings, committees, task forces).
- BS degree in packaging engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, physical chemistry, or organic chemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with food packaging.
- Technical knowledge with good reasoning and sound judgment abilities.
- Mature, enthusiastic, motivated team member.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Must be PC literate; able to support development of effective processes and systems to manage departmental objectives.
- Excellent work ethic with proven ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Creative problem-solving skills and an orientation towards innovation.
- Ability to recognize and support the organization preferences and priorities.
- Able to work in office, laboratory, and manufacturing environments. Must be able to work flexible hours as needed based on production scheduling needs.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Spark Packaging