- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Automation Specialist
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Shift Hours: Monday- Friday 7am-3pm
- Support automation projects to install, maintain, repair, test, and troubleshoot complex automated equipment
- Diagnose and repair complex mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and controls problems including non-routine issues
- Use Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) including basic and ladder logic to read/write basic wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints to diagnosis problems
- Compile documents, analyze test data, and perform calculations to determine root cause of problems and the corrective action to take
- Use SAP for Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Work Order Process
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Associate degree with an emphasis in automation or related area and three (3) years of equipment installation, electrical, maintenance and automation experience in manufacturing environments, OR High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years of equipment installation, electrical, maintenance and automation experience in manufacturing environments.
- Ability to read, write, interpret, and draw mechanical and electrical diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical codes
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Advanced knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot complex problems with equipment
- Thorough understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and HMI’s using ladder logic
- Familiarity with CMMS systems and ability to learn various statistical and quality methodologies including but not limited to Statistical Process Control (SPC), Statistical Quality Control (SQC), 5S, 8D, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R), and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Proficiency with Multimeter, diagnostic tools, and portable power tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain powered industrial truck (PIT) license
About Spark Packaging:
Spark Packaging is a Michigan-headquartered recruiting and staffing company that connects great talent with great employers. We understand that finding a new position can be stressful and identifying top talent can be challenging. For us to maximize successful placement and retention, we start by listening to and understanding each of our clients. We believe in face-to-face interaction and having a solid understanding of our client’s business before placement. We pride ourselves in team development as it matches our purpose as an organization to continually create career opportunities.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?