Full Charge Bookkeeper
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Spark Accounting Solutions is hiring a Full Charge Bookkeeper with 3 to 5 years experience.
Do you love digging into data, playing with numbers, making things balanced, organizing, and problem-solving for small businesses? Do you want to do that all from the comfort of your own home office? We want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, experienced bookkeeper to help keep our client's financial information in order and up to date. You’ll be handling bookkeeping, payroll, sales tax calculations, recording accurate information in QuickBooks Online, and producing financial reports. If this sounds like you, we highly encourage you to apply.Compensation:
$23 - $28 hourlyResponsibilities:
What will you be doing as a Full Charge Bookkeeper:
- New client onboarding assistance – may include catch up/clean up, developing new processes, setting up new tools
- Ongoing accounting work for small businesses – work bank feeds in cloud-based accounting software on a weekly basis – charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing expense detail provided
- Manage multiple clients
- Month end reconciliations
- Perform self-review of work for accuracy
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports for our small business clients
- Complete sales and use tax returns accurately, according to our standards and checklists
- Process vendor bills, vendor credits, and prepare accounts payable payments for approval
- Process payroll and update employee deduction settings for various employee benefits, garnishments, and update payroll tax settings as needed
- Research and resolve new accounting problems for our clients with minimal guidance
- Provide basic financial analysis for our clients to support them in making successful business decisions
- Assist other team members to resolve issues
- Effective and timely communication externally with our clients and internally with our team via phone, email, Slack, and text
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines and tracking/communicating status when needed
- Understand general sales and use tax rules and have filed sales & use tax filings in the past
- Understand payroll processing, benefit withholdings, and payroll taxes and have processed payroll and managed employee deductions in the past
- Willing to be trained on our way of doing accounting even if that means learning some new ways and letting go of old habits
- Understand standard accounting workflows for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and month-end processes
- Ability to recognize when something doesn't look right and follow up to find a resolution
- Understand the importance of deadlines and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done on time
- Associate's degree in Accounting OR comparable experience
Spark Accounting Solutions helps ignite clients’ businesses by using accounting data to help them improve their profitability. As one of the few firms in the nation certified in Profit First, we love to work with small businesses to help them understand accounting information and use that information to grow their profits. We help small business owners take advantage of:
- More time by helping them focus on their priorities while we manage the books
- Peace of mind by having accurate books that lead to better decision making
- Increased profitability that can change their lives for the better
Why join our firm?
- Flexibility – Set your work hours within Monday - Friday, 7 am - 6 pm Mountain
- Work from home but still be part of a team
- Make a difference
- Full Time or Part Time
- Health stipend + dental, vision, supplemental insurance for FT Employees
- Incentive Pay
Spark Accounting Solutions PLLC
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Bookkeeping Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.