Join our Sparboe team today! Processing team members work in a clean, modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Full time and day shift available. Starting wage $28-$35/hour.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off. $1,000 sign on bonus available for all eligible employees.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician II
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Maintenance Technician II supports production efficiencies by providing preventive maintenance support, systematic troubleshooting on shift stoppages and breakdowns, and predictive maintenance support for off-shift repairs, and assists in the development of preventive and predictive repair instructions and methods.
- Safety First. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Demonstrate proper use of LOTO.
- Provide advanced mechanical skills, including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and automation maintenance
- Resolve complex machine and equipment issues using root-cause analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand the theory and operation of all processing equipment.
- Control downtime by performing routine preventative maintenance and repairs according to the procedures outlined in the maintenance program.
- Works closely with maintenance supervisor and managers. Acts as a team or project leader as necessary.
- Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs of processing equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs/replaces correct components in a timely manner.
- Performs maintenance on high and low voltage electrical components. Understands electrical diagrams and possesses good electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Serves as a resource for other maintenance technicians.
- Completes major repairs and/or installations to machinery and equipment. Works with maintenance supervisor and management team to plan installations and repairs.
- Sets an example for others by maintaining a clean, orderly work area. Uses tools and equipment responsibly, cleans work area and returns equipment when finished.
- Uses proper LOTO techniques when making any machinery or equipment repairs.
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventative maintenance and utilizing CMMS system. Completes all documentation as required. Monitors compliance with the maintenance program and escalates to maintenance lead or manager as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Certificate or AA degree in electronics, electro-mechanical, maintenance or automation field with 3+ years of related experience in manufacturing or food processing industry – or
- HS diploma with 7+ years of related experience in manufacturing or food processing industry.
- Has ability and interest in learning. Understands electronics, and can use computers and systems which drive and support equipment. Experience and knowledge of PLC’s, control systems, electrical components and robotics.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision, but willing and able to consult with others and take direction.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings required to perform installation, repairs, maintenance and training on equipment.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of employees and internal groups/teams, while providing leadership and coaching as appropriate and necessary. Ability to work with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborative; ability to influence people in all roles and levels in the organization.
- Strong team player with operational and analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, continuous improvement, experience with coordination of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Open and direct communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work long days, weekends and work scheduled times.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate easily with supervisors and team members. Ability to read and write English.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Sound judgment and unwavering ethics.
- Honest, hardworking, dependable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are only accepted online. If you do not have access to a computer we have kiosks on site for you to fill out an application, M-F 8:00am-3:00pm.
6339 WCR 47 Hudson, CO 80642
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer