WIN. GIVE BACK. HAVE FUN
WE. ARE. CAMARADERIE.
THINK BIGGER THAN WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE.
ACT WITH AN EXTREME SENSE OF URGENCY.
CREATE AN EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE.
WIN TOGETHER , CELEBRATE TOGETHER.
The Spanish Hills Club Team is currently seeking a creative professional with passion, dedication and commitment to fill the position of Catering Sales Director
Supervisory experience is preferred. 3-5 years of experience in catering or hospitality, excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including working extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Catering Sales Director is responsible for the catering department, including the direct supervision of the catering staff. Hire, train and supervise subordinates and apply relevant marketing principles to assure that the wants and needs of club members and guests are consistently exceeded. Promote the club’s dining facilities for private banquets, business and social meetings and other member-related activities. Develop contracts for and oversees all administrative and operational aspects of preparing and serving events. Work with banquet and other departments to assure that the guests’ expectations are exceeded.
Candidate should have a passion for creating an outstanding Member/Guest service experience, and be able to ensure that all Member/Guest requests and expectations are met and exceeded on a daily basis. Candidate must be able to work independently, without direct supervision as well as be a team player and lead the catering team. Candidate also must be able to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner, while exercising good judgment in all situations. Additionally, the candidate should have strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook and have the ability and knowledge to update websites. .
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Supervises trains and schedules the Catering Sales Managers.
· Directs the work of catering department staff.
· Tracks labor for department.
· Evaluates and counsels the Catering Sales Managers.
· Plans professional development and training activities for subordinate staff.
· Checks Function Sheets against actual room setup; oversees personnel scheduling for special functions and may help supervise service personnel.
· Handles client complaints.
· Helps develop catering budgets; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate to help assure that budget goals are met.
· Attends staff meetings.
· Serves as liaison between kitchen, service and management staff.
· Represents members’ needs and interests on applicable club committees.
· Obtains necessary permits for special events and functions.
· Attends management meetings to review policies and procedures, future business and to continually develop quality and image of banquet and catering functions.
· Assumes responsibility of manager on duty when necessary.
· Promotes, advertises and markets the club’s social event facilities and capabilities.
· Helps member clients arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
· Provides guest tours and offers suggestions in efforts to sell the club’s facilities for the occasion being planned.
· Works with the executive chef to determine selling prices, menus and other details for catered events; oversees the development of contracts; assures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are current and reflect general member interests.
· Suggests and helps guests plan menus in conjunction with the executive chef or other culinary personnel.
· Transmits necessary information to and coordinates event planning with production, serving and housekeeping staffs; arranges for printing of menus, procuring of decorations, entertainment and other special requests, etc.
· Inspects finished arrangements; may be present to oversee the introduction of event host to Banquet Captain and or Manager.
· Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls or visits to assess on-going needs of prospective clients for catering services.
· Arranges prompt payment for all events.
· Critiques functions to determine future needs and to implement necessary changes for increased quality.
· Tracks new products and trends in food service and catering applicable to the club.
· Ensures that proper housekeeping and energy conservation procedures are always followed.
· Diagrams room layout, banquet item placement and related function details.
· Meets with athletic departments to plan food and beverage aspects of special events organized by the staff members.
· Manages banquet billing and client correspondence.
· Updates weekly function information for all affected staff.
· Performs competitive “shopping” of alternative function sources.
· Maintains club’s master calendar and function book.
· Performs special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
· Additional duties as assigned by the General Manager.