Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Production Supervisor based in Mentor, OH. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC / DC Power Systems.
- Schedule workflow and assignments for systems and product assembly personnel.
- Provide status updates for all open shop orders as required by Director of Manufacturing.
- Closely monitor the production plan, material status, and production progress.
- Assign workers appropriately to complete production in advance of due dates; adjust assignments as needed based changes in priority.
- Preview the project drawings to understand necessary requirements; identify and plan for potential bottlenecks.
- Check shop order status and material needs and identify potential long lead delivery items that could delay shipments.
- Monitor, update and interpret data maintained in the computer-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Perform ERP transactions for the warehouse, set up inventory locations and control inventory levels using cycle counts.
- Ensure all domestic and international shipping and receiving transactions are completed in cooperation with division Logistics coordinator.
- Maintain physical conditions of facilities; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacements.
- Perform facilities management tasks in support of the entire location, including connecting with local vendors and authorities as needed to continue operations.
Qualifications include Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or another STEM discipline with 5 years’ experience of hands-on personnel assignment and productions/operations management. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in scheduling shop orders and data entry for production floor is required. The ability to read electrical schematics, and mechanical and assembly drawings is essential. Knowledge of electrical components and the mechanical/electrical assembly process is a plus.
Spang offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. To learn more Spang & Company, please visit our website at www.spang.com. Apply in the following application.
Spang is an Equal Opportunity Employer