Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for Power System Sales based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC/DC Power Systems.
This position will be responsible for selling and delivering AC/DC power systems by identifying and establishing relationships with customers and engineering companies within the assigned industry segment.
- Coordinate with the VP of Business Development and other top management to establish the products and applications needed to win business in assigned industry segments
- Develop application knowledge within the assigned industry segment
- Forecast short- and long-term Sales by customer
- Deliver and present proposed systems solutions to customers
- Negotiate to convert proposals into purchase orders
- Enter won projects into IFS and assign project teams to execute the project
- Coordinate with Systems Engineering to complete the design on time and within the established budget
- Participate in design reviews for first of a kind projects
- Negotiate changes in project scope as appropriate
- Identify service requirements to the Field Service Manager
- Follow up on completed projects to generate repeat business
- Domestic and international travel required, up to 40%
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Technology. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Five to ten years’ experience in sales of industrial power equipment is required.
Spang offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. To learn more Spang & Company, please visit our website at www.spang.com. Apply in the following application.
Spang is an Equal Opportunity Employer.