Span Construction & Engineering, Inc. Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position(s): SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP), and we are currently seeking qualified Leadman to join our company. We are looking for highly skilled individuals to lead small crews of connectors, IMP wall installers, welders, metal roof installers, etc. in the erection of pre-engineered steel building. As a pivotal part of the SPAN team, you will lead crews in effectively completing a specialized component of our pre-engineered steel building projects throughout the United States. Please reference the specialization summaries below. Come join an industry-leading team of people who pride themselves in being fast-paced and always having an “anything is possible” attitude while maintaining safety, quality, and integrity on all projects.
Paint Leadmen: Plan, organize, supervise, and perform journey-level surface preparation and application of paints, stains, and related products on buildings, and similar surfaces; perform related work.
Wall Leadmen: Supervises and leads a group of employees to install insulation, trim, and wall panels of all types, in the erection of pre-engineered, pre-fabricated metal buildings.
Roof Leadmen: Supervises and leads a group of employees to install roof panels, insulation, vinyl, installation of AC curbs, condenser platforms, and other miscellaneous roof details, in the erection of pre-engineered, pre-fabricated metal buildings.
*If these positions are not exactly what you are looking for, SPAN has multiple opportunities available for those interested in other related construction/field positions: Assistant Steel Superintendent, Metal Building Assemblers, and General Labor (no experience needed for laborers, we’ll train you!).
The Preferred Leadman Candidate Will Have:
- Specific knowledge and experience with the specializations described above.
- Ability to manage a team and take ownership in completing a specialized portion of a project scope while adhering to project schedules and timelines
- Ability to foresee potential constructability problems with their project scope, take ownership when needed, follow up with a resolution, and inform the Superintendent and all levels of personnel
- An approach/mindset to work that is focused in providing total quality and extraordinary service to our clients and our team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in operating a forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift
- Is OSHA 30 certified and is able to complete work in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Minimum 2 years of supervision experience, specifically on steel building erection projects with crews of 3-10 men
- Is proficient in reading construction drawings
- A good understanding of steel building systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships throughout a project (customers, design team, subcontractors, and suppliers) that focus on SPAN’s core values and meets/exceeds customer’s expectations
- Computer proficiency and utilization of a cell phone/company communication tools (e-mail, Microsoft products, internet, etc.)
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project
- Availability for extensive travel throughout the United States and internationally
- ESOP - 100% Employee Owned
- Per diem paid while working away from home
- Company Truck/Auto Allowance
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast-paced work environment
If you’re interested in our industry and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Our business model is based on a culture that has been entrenched in the company from inception and has resulted in our ability to deliver industry leading engineering and construction services. This model has helped us build over 190 million square feet of buildings (worldwide) to date, with more being added 24/6 - every year.
If you derive satisfaction from being challenged and consistently learning within an environment of hard working people, then we want to hear from you.
Span Construction & Engineering, Inc.Why Work Here?
Be a part of an industry leading team of amazing people, great benefits and competitive pay, and opportunities for career advancement
What started at the initiative of our CEO in 1980, has grown into a 100% Employee Owned Company. We are the #1 ranked builder in our field and a world class competitor. SPAN is a proud commercial and industrial construction firm committed to providing personal superior services regardless of the type and location of project. Our business model is based on a culture that has been entrenched in the company from inception and has resulted in our ability to deliver industry leading engineering and construction services. This model has helped us build over 190 million square feet of buildings (worldwide) to date, with more being added 24/6 - every year. If you derive satisfaction from being challenged and consistently learning within an environment of hard working people, then we want to hear from you.