Receptionist Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position(s): SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill our Receptionist position. Optimal candidates are detail oriented, flexible, and will be able to successfully multitask, prioritize, and manage a large volume of calls in a fast-paced environment.
We are the largest steel building contractor in north America with over 180,000,000 square feet of building built to date for our clients – when they reach out to us, the receptionist confidently connects them with who they need to speak with. It is a part of our culture to not carry out business through voicemail or email - when a client calls SPAN, we are committed to having a personal connection with them every time.
If you want to join a team of people who pride themselves in being the best in the industry and always having an “anything is possible” attitude, then we want you here at #TEAMSPAN!
The Preferred Receptionist Candidate Will Have:
- Punctuality and reliability is a must
- A High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a professional administrative capacity
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in everyday project responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong listening skills with the ability to empathize and problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding expectations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships throughout the coordination of a project that focus on SPAN’s core values and meets/exceeds expectations
- Flexible, understanding that at times you must switch responsibilities in order to meet the needs of our clients and fellow employee owners needs
- Computer proficiency and utilization of company communication tools
- Highly proficient in selected software (Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word)
- Manage multiple tasks at a time, i.e. ‘multi-tasking’ is required
- Be the first point of contact and face of the company to front office guests, setting a courteous and professional tone
- Welcomes and greets patients/ visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s)
- Promptly and professionally answer incoming calls from 3 lines and transfer calls accurately to 65+ extensions
- Screen calls, take messages and greet, announce and route visitors.
- Maintain organization of the storage closets
- Maintain inventory of company apparel/work shirts
- Order, organize and monitor company supplies.
- Assist with scheduling, calendar management, reservations, and meeting set-ups.
- Take an interest and ownership of front office aesthetics and common areas. Ensure that these areas are kept clean and organized
- Maintain appropriate dress and personal appearance standards.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling calls; refers incoming callers/walk-ins to appropriate designated personnel as needed
- Be investigatory in order to understand the needs of individuals calling SPAN
- Accepts deliveries and sorts mail for distribution
- Maintain a cheerful can-do attitude
- Complete additionally assigned tasks as requested by the supervisor or management
- Work independently to complete tasks
- Maintain office cleanliness and organization
- Provide our clients and your co-workers with the highest level of service and quality
- ESOP - 100% Employee Owned
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast paced work environment
If you’re interested in our industry and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Our business model is based on a culture that has been entrenched in the company from inception and has resulted in our ability to deliver industry leading engineering and construction services. This model has helped us build over 190 million square feet of buildings (worldwide) to date, with more being added 24/6 - every year.
If you derive satisfaction from being challenged and consistently learning within an environment of hard working people, then we want to hear from you.
Span Construction & Engineering, Inc.Why Work Here?
Be a part of an industry leading team of amazing people, great benefits and competitive pay, and opportunities for career advancement
What started at the initiative of our CEO in 1980, has grown into a 100% Employee Owned Company. We are the #1 ranked builder in our field and a world class competitor. SPAN is a proud commercial and industrial construction firm committed to providing personal superior services regardless of the type and location of project. Our business model is based on a culture that has been entrenched in the company from inception and has resulted in our ability to deliver industry leading engineering and construction services. This model has helped us build over 190 million square feet of buildings (worldwide) to date, with more being added 24/6 - every year. If you derive satisfaction from being challenged and consistently learning within an environment of hard working people, then we want to hear from you.
1841 Howard RoadMadera, CA