Position(s): SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP), and we are seeking a qualified Project Engineer who has solid experience in construction related documentation and processes. As a pivotal part of the SPAN team, you will provide assistance and technical support to the management and field operations staff on a project(s) under the guidance and mentoring of a project manager. We offer benefits and a generous compensation package for top talent. We are a stable company that offers consistent growth opportunities. We're a group of highly motivated individuals. We're driven by our mission to exceed our client's expectations and love what we do. We're looking for the right person to join our team.
*If this position is not exactly what you are looking for, SPAN has multiple opportunities available for those interested in other related construction/field positions: Project Manager, Steel Superintendent, Foreman, Metal Building Assemblers, and General Labor (no experience needed for laborers, we’ll train you!).
The Preferred Project Engineer Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering (or related field), or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
- Experience with utilizing project management software for documentation control and maintenance of records such as contracts, tracking logs, meeting minutes, submittals, RFI’s, change orders, and closeout documentation
- Ability to assist with the creation and update of schedules
- Experienced in the tracking and compilation of daily activity of all trade contractors and Span direct labor for monthly progress reports
- Computer proficiency and utilization of a cell phone/company communication tools (e-mail, Microsoft products, internet, etc.)
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project
- Ability to attend weekly trade and OAC meetings including documenting what occurs while assigning and following up with responsible parties
- Availability for extensive travel throughout the United States
- 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Great, competitive pay
- Per diem paid when working away from home
- Company Truck
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast paced work environment
If you’re interested in our company and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Our business model is based on a culture that has been entrenched in the company from inception and has resulted in our ability to deliver industry leading engineering and construction services. This model has helped us build over 190 million square feet of buildings (worldwide) to date, with more being added 24/6 - every year.
If you derive satisfaction from being challenged and consistently learning within an environment of hard working people, then we want to hear from you.