Position(s): SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). Our Pre-construction Services Group is currently seeking qualified individuals with design-build, general construction estimating experience to join our team, and become a fellow Employee Owner!
A Design-Build Manager/Estimator’s role is essential to the success of a project. Estimators are engaged with our client’s early on in the conceptual phase of a project, and ultimately set the tone for the project. They work with the sales team to further solidify our relationship with the client, and are ultimately responsible for managing and estimating the design documents. Scopes are derived from meetings with the client and sales team members, while continuously looking for value engineering opportunities to improve on time and/or costs. Estimators are responsible for ensuring proposals are submitted within the required time periods. This position requires periodic travel to meet with our clients and other team members.
Additionally, Estimators work to clarify SPAN’s scope of work, attend meetings, meet with local jurisdictions, review design documents, define trade scopes of work, review trade contractors’ bids, assemble proposals, perform and/or review take-offs, create baseline schedules, select and write contracts to trade contractors.
As a part of the Pre-Construction Services Department, this position works closely with the sales group, client, client representatives, and consultants surrounding the project. If you want to join a team of people who pride themselves in being the best in the industry and always having an “anything is possible” attitude, then we want you here at #TEAMSPAN!
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in estimating for commercial and/or industrial turn-key projects
- Knowledge of pre-engineered steel building structures
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Experienced in communicating ideas, winning approval, and reaching resolutions with a variety of audiences
- Experience with estimating and take-off software
- Proficient in reading construction drawings and performing take-offs
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in everyday responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships throughout the coordination of a project that focus on SPAN’s core values and meets/exceeds customers’ expectations
- Flexible, understanding that at times you must switch responsibilities in order to meet our clients’ demands
- Ability to effectively investigate time sensitive situations by partnering with individuals for all pertinent details and (when needed) explore all options in order to get the job done in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Computer proficiency and utilization of company communication tools
- Highly proficient in selected software (Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word)
- Manage multiple projects at a time, i.e. ‘multi-tasking’ is required
- Review and thoroughly evaluate requests for estimates
- Conduct thorough analysis of all drawings; specifications, and other bid documents
- Identify priorities, and align with operational goals of the department
- Provide critical and strategic input to potential estimate options to enable the best chance of project success
- Collaborate with other members of the Pre-Construction Services Department as needed for a teamwork approach to completing proposal packages in a timely manner
- Be investigatory in order to understand the full scope of work and any project specific considerations that have cost impacts
- Execute take-offs of construction documents and input into Sage Estimating software
- Obtain pricing from material and equipment suppliers
- Obtain bids and take responsibility for review and contracting of trades
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Defines and provides a calculated estimate when predetermined standard(s) are not available
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Provide our clients and your co-workers with the highest level of service and quality
If you’re interested in our industry and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.