Position(s): SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a construction Project Manager (PM) position. Optimal candidates will have experience with design-build, steel building, projects and in managing projects in the capacity of a General Contractor.
A PMs role is essential to the success of a project during construction phases. PMs are engaged with our sales and estimating teams early on in the project in and are ultimately responsible in understanding and carrying out the construction of their assigned project. They are responsible for overseeing project organization, budgeting, scheduling, and execution. More specifically, the PM has complete responsibility to assure that any project assigned to them is completed to contracted specifications, in a safe manner, within both time frame and construction budget allotted.
75% of our projects come from existing clients who come back to us time and time again knowing they will receive the highest quality and service from us. PM’s are responsible for building and maintain these positive client relationships throughout their project; striving for 100% customer satisfaction. No one else in company has a greater potential to affect the client’s attitude toward SPAN.
This position requires periodic travel to meet with our clients and other team members.
PMs work closely with estimators, the client, client representatives, subcontractors, assigned administrative assistant, onsite superintendents and consultants surrounding the project. If you want to join a team of people who pride themselves in being the best in the industry and always having an “anything is possible” attitude, then we want you here at #TEAMSPAN!
The Preferred PM Candidate Will Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college or technical school) in Construction Project Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction management, budgeting, coordinating, and overseeing commercial and/or industrial full turn-key projects
- 3 years experience working with, writing, and issuing Owner and subcontractor contracts and change orders (from proposal to full execution)
- Experience with taking full responsibility for effectively communicating expectations to the onsite superintendent
- Knowledge of pre-engineered steel building structures
· Good negotiation and presentation skills
· Experienced in communicating ideas, winning approval, and reaching resolutions with a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of all subtrades for full turn key-projects – with the ability to keep their finger on the pulse during project phases
- Communicating work to client’s contracted specifications as needed
- Proficient in reading construction drawings
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in everyday project responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships throughout the coordination of a project that focus on SPAN’s core values and meets/exceeds customers’ expectations
- Flexible, understanding that at times you must switch responsibilities in order to meet our clients’ demands
- Ability to effectively investigate time sensitive situations by partnering with individuals for all pertinent details and (when needed) explore all options in order to get the job done in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Computer proficiency and utilization of company communication tools
- Highly proficient in selected software (Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word)
- Experience utilizing SAGE 300 project management-accounting integration software
- Manage multiple projects at a time, i.e. ‘multi-tasking’ is required
- Consistently work towards position goals outlined above
- Review and thoroughly evaluate contract, project scope, and other hand off materials from the Pre-Construction Service group to ensure a complete and comprehensive understanding of Owner contract, project budget and schedule
- Identify SPAN and Owner driven priorities, and align with operational goals of the project
- Be investigatory in order to understand the full scope of work and any project specific considerations that have cost impacts
- Review architectural drawings for understanding and clarify any conflicting information
- Review Pre-Engineered Building and vendor drawings for understanding of materials provided and installation requirements; clarifying any conflicting information
- Review subsequently issued drawings or project revisions; any pertinent changes must be accounted for with a change order to the client and in turn, conveyed to vendors/subcontractors/field personnel
- Partner with Controller regarding status of required local/state business license; ensure licenses are obtained
- Requisition all labor, equipment and materials necessary to complete the project: work with engineering personnel as deemed necessary to finalize the material orders and to establish guidelines for the execution of the engineering work required for the project
- Write the necessary subcontracts and purchase orders needed, as needed, if not already executed by the Pre-Construction Services Team
- Ensure subcontractor insurance and safety requirements and/documentation are provided and adhered to per contract
- Conduct or attend a preconstruction meeting with the Owner and Subcontractors to ensure that everyone understands the requirements and schedule for the project
- Prepare progress billings in a timely manner in compliance with the requirements of the prime contract
- Review and authorize vendor and subcontractor invoices; considering project budget
- Upon final completion of the project: walk the job with the Client for approval and project feedback, receive and prioritize completion of punch list items
- Provide critical and strategic input to potential options to enable the best chance of project success
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Provide our clients and your co-workers with the highest level of service and quality
- ESOP - 100% Employee Owned
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast paced work environment
If you’re interested in our industry and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.