- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: The Pastry Cook’s responsibilities are to plan, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry department to include, but not limited to pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items, in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
• Understand and maintain all standard pastry recipes.
• Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
• Responsible for production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities.
• Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
• Assists in producing and plating pastries and desserts
• Inspects orders to ensure high quality and presentation
• Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for pastry needs
• Prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through
• Produce creative and artistic food work
• Perform job functions with minimal supervision
• Work cohesively with entire culinary staff as part of a team
• Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards
• Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent ; Culinary certification preferred
• Minimum 2 years prior experience as a Pastry Cook
• Demonstrate adequate pastry skills and operation
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to perform in fast paced environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
• Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards
• Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods
• Interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form
• Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods
• Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials
• Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, twist at the neck and trunk, bend at the waist and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, reach overhead, above shoulders and horizontally. Employees will use hands to handle objects and tools, and operate service equipment. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-pound objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees may use vision to monitor food quality and quantity and may also order supplies, etc.
Work Conditions: May require evening and weekend hours. While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works in an indoor kitchen environment with exposure to heat from ovens, hot foods and steamers and cleaning chemicals, fumes, equipment, and metal objects. Employees also work around knives, dicers, mixers, slicers and other sharp objects. Work surfaces may be slippery. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud dependent on specific work site and/or equipment operation. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Get fresh Pastry Cook jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.