CISO - Chief Information Security Officer
Spade Technology Mansfield, MA
- Expired: September 24, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
CISO Chief Information Security Officer
When was the last time you truly enjoyed going to work? It is an ideal time to join our highly talented and growing team. We are looking for individuals that have a strong business acumen, extensive experience with IT security concepts as well as a deep understanding of industry trends. We put great focus on training as well as earning new industry certifications.
Spade is looking for a fractional CISO, to grow with the company as our book of security business matures.
About Spade Technology:
Spade Technology is a seventeen-year young outsourced IT company based out of Mansfield, Massachusetts. We have one simple goal: to provide the same kind of IT solutions expected by large-scale corporations to small and mid-sized businesses. How do we do this? We deliver real business value getting to know your business, implementing best practices, proactively managing your technology, and aligning your technology investment with your business goals to truly boost your bottom line.
We understand the importance of fixing issues quickly, however, we believe its more important to prevent those issues from occurring in the first place and thats where our proactive approach comes in: we stay proactive and strive to help you think of your IT as a strategic advantage as opposed to another necessary expense
Benefits of Working at Spade Technology:
- The stability of a seventeen-year-old company with the growth, excitement, and career potential of a startup
- Work with cutting edge technology everyday
- A strong focus on your industry training and certification including company paid for education and exams
- A team of highly motivated, extremely talented, fun and friendly engineers
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A place where ambition, loyalty, and exceptional performance will be noticed and rewarded
- A clear company vision and mission
Are you ambitious, organized, and solution-focused? We are a fast-growing IT Support company in need of a vCISO join our team in providing exceptional IT services to small and medium-sized businesses throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Southern New Hampshire. Our vCISOs are an integral part of our SecurityWerks team. The vCISO will manage our SecurityWerks clients to ensure they are NIST compliant. The vCISO will consult with clients to develop policies and procedures to align with compliance. The vCISO will foster client relationships to ensure their entire book of business is satisfied with SecurityWerks. Your goal with each of your clients will be to become their trusted IT security advisor. Because the industry is always changing, the vCISO must be able to adapt and relate NIST 800 against any scenario.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a book of SecurityWerks business.
- Creation/focus on policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collaborate with SecurityWerks team to assess process improvement opportunities.
- Consistently study and attend events to stay up on the latest Cyber security protocols, best practices, threats, and advancements in tools/process.
- Staying informed/up to date with the ever changing regulations for different industries.
- The vCISO will initially be a team of one but will eventually be responsible for the SecurityWerks team.
- DOC/SIEM Management (outsourced for the foreseeable future).
- Incident response team (currently SecurityWerks outsources this to the SupportWerks CCC).
- VISM (Virtual Information Security Manager). Network Administrator for SecurityWerks.
- Tool stack
- Run SML assessments.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure overall success of SecurityWerks clients
- vCIO team to ensure SecurityWerks is part of all QBRs.
- Professional Service team to ensure SecurityWerks projects success
- Acting vCISO for Spade.
- Ideally help with content including videos/events to help educate our clients
- Take ownership of client issues and initiatives; represent client interests to internal teams.
- Will need to obtain CISSP (if not already completed)
- Experience consulting for small and medium sized businesses, ideally within security.
- Will need to obtain CISSP (if not already achieved)
- Study/certify on CIS 20
- Continuous adaptation and learning due to the ever-changing security space.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution ability.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at the executive level.
Preferred Technical Experience:
- CISSP certification
- Experience with NIST 800
- Exerpience with DFARS/CMMC is preferred
- Experience with CIS 20
Spade Technology offers excellent compensation and benefits, including competitive salaries commensurate with experience, 401(k), profit sharing, and a generous vacation plan.