Space Tango Lexington, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Space Tango LLC. is a leading innovative space technology company headquartered in Lexington, Ky. The company is comprised of a dynamic team that provides end to end services including the design and building of products which use microgravity for R&D and manufacturing uses. Space Tango currently flies these payloads to and from the International Space Station (“ISS”) on SpaceX and Northrop Grumman Rockets.
At Space Tango, you have a chance to change the world from Space.
Space Tango is seeking a Materials Engineer to work on customer experiments and Space Tango product platforms and serve as a mechanical systems lead for payloads:
Must be US citizen or Permanent resident.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team forming requirements development, prototyping and flight verification of products to be operated on the ISS
- Provide imaginative, thorough, and practical solutions to a wide range of engineering problems involving the conventional utilization of engineering techniques
- Research and test materials, adhesives, material coatings, surface finishes, material bonding, etc.
- Work within biocompatibility and medical standards
- Transfer requirements and concepts to detailed designs
- Working with suppliers, vendors and machinists to source, test, and validate components and custom parts
- Development and implementation of engineering processes and standards
- CAD and drawing standards
- Development and implementation of product documentation system
- Development and implementation of hardware management
Ideal Candidate -the tangibles:
- Materials engineering experience
- Work with medical and cell culture devices a plus
- Project engineering experience
- Management experience a plus
- Experience with polymers
- Experience with coatings and surface finishes
- Microfluidics experience a plus
Ideal Candidate -the intangibles:
Working in an early stage environment comes with many challenges and rewards, with the inclination to induce constant change and high stress; therefore, the ideal candidate should have a calm demeanor and a steady hand. Demonstrating flexibility while being organized and detail oriented is important.
As an early stage company operating in space, much of what Space Tango does has never been done before. Therefore, the ideal candidate is a self-starter with a mind to solve complex, multi-functional problems. To be successful, the candidate should have a proven interest in and being willing to learn about the space industry.
Pay: To be Negotiated
Potential to earn equity
Reports To: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Travel: May be required for launches and EVT’s
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Pay
Highly creative and flexible work environment
Space Tango does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other protected class status.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Space Tango