CMM Operator - Quality Specialist
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job ID 15840
SDL is seeking a qualified, motivated individual with CMM operation and programming experience to join our Quality Assurance team as a Quality Specialist. This is an on-site, non-remote position for our North Logan, UT location.
At the Space Dynamics Laboratory, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules that fit your style—every Friday off, every other Friday off, hybrid remote work, or simply traditional hours
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- Favorable company locations with average commute times of less than 15 minutes
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with high job satisfaction
- Relocation assistance available for most positions
- Measure product dimensions utilizing a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and other metrology instruments.
- Validate, inspect, and approve the quality of parts, materials, and assemblies based on established acceptance criteria.
- Examine items for defects in workmanship, packaging, and physical features.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Perform in-process and final inspections on deliverable hardware.
- Lead efforts to address and resolve nonconforming product/process issues.
- Identify, drive, and implement process improvements.
- Support other activities associated with SDL's AS9100D certified management system. This may include, but is not limited to, internal audits, monitoring and measurement of processes and assemblies, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation, and gathering/analyzing pertinent data to help determine and improve process effectiveness.
- At least 5 years of CMM operator/programming experience.
- Knowledge of the AS9100 Quality Management System Standard.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of GD&T concepts and fundamentals.
- Ability to facilitate and promote use of problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
- BS in a physical science, engineering, and/or business operation field
- Quality Assurance experience in a research and development environment, aerospace, defense, and/or comparable industry
- IPC/J-STD certifications
- Quality certifications such as CQT, CQI, CQE, CQA, etc.
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for over six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact email@example.com.
EOE including Disability and Vet
Powered by JazzHR
Space Dynamics LaboratoryLogan, UT
Get fresh CMM Operator - Quality Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.