- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Sovereign Consulting Inc., a national environmental consulting and remediation firm, is seeking a Hydrogeologist with 10+ of experience. Qualified candidates have the ability to work remotely or from any of our office locations.
- Manage, analyze, evaluate, and interpret hydrogeologic, geologic and other field data obtained during investigations, incorporating the impact of geology and hydrogeology on contaminant fate and transport, with emphasis on potential receptor exposure pathways
- Prepare work plans related to investigation and remediation activities
- Conduct groundwater flow and contaminant fate and transport modeling, and vapor intrusion modeling, using analytic and numerical simulations
- Plan and oversee field data collection, including sampling, drilling, well installation, aquifer hydraulic conductivity testing, remedial pilot tests, and remedial system operation and maintenance
- Evaluate free product mobility and transmissivity through analysis of baildown and/or product skimming tests in accordance with API and ITRC guidance
- Observe the drilling and correct installation of soil borings, monitoring wells, and remediation wells, and train/mentor more junior staff.
- Conduct environmental investigations by utilizing standard field sampling procedures for various environmental media, including USCS soil classification methods
- Collect and document field data and observations in a clear and organized manner utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment and workspace monitoring equipment
- Compile and evaluate site investigation and remedial system monitoring data
- Utilize conceptual site models to communicate findings, identify data gaps, and focus additional data collection efforts
- Prepare and/or review technical reports
- Prepare and/or review boring logs, data tables, potentiometric contour maps, isoconcentration contour maps, hydrographs, and cross-sections
- Prepare bid requests and assist with subcontractor selection, contracting and coordination
- Supervise contractors while conducting environmental site investigation and remediation work
- Oversee and implement appropriate management of investigation-derived waste, including containerization, storage, labeling, and characterization
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of common classes of environmental contaminants (e.g., petroleum hydrocarbons, chlorinated solvents, RCRA metals, PCBs) and basic contaminant fate and transport mechanisms
- Lead and/or supervise field sampling teams in sampling for various environmental media (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, and air)
- Review investigation and remediation data developed by other consultancies and develop recommendations for additional investigation and remediation activities
- Work closely with geographic information system experts to develop visually compelling and informative graphics
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities
- Mentor and coordinate work for junior and mid-level staff
- Interact regularly with clients to expand work assignments or market new work. Market potential and existing clients, secure and manage clients and contracts
- Have a safety-oriented behavior with a demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- 10+ years of geology/environmental science related experience
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering, Environmental Science, Natural Resources or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education
- Professional Geologist License
- Preferred Software Experience: ArcGIS and industry standard software packages, such as Surfer, gINT, and AQTESOLV®
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and knowledge of EQUIS a plus
- Experience in working in the mining and the oil and gas industry is also preferred
- Modeling and or simulations related to geology and/or hydrogeology is a plus
- The ability to successfully manage small or large groups of professional staff
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and field sampling skills
- A highly cooperative personality and the ability to collaborate with various types/levels of individuals and professions within industrial and governmental settings
- Willingness/interest in travel for field assignments
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification required and current 8-hour refresher preferred
- CPR and First Aid Training
Employment at Sovereign is contingent upon the results of a Drug & Alcohol screening test. Candidates must present documentation that confirms identity and eligibility for employment in the United States.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers an excellent benefits package including: group healthcare program, vision and dental coverage plan, life and AD&D insurance plans, short & long-term disability programs, other supplemental insurance programs, 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement program, paid holidays and paid vacation. A relocation package will not be offered for this position.
Sovereign Consulting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sovereign ConsultingExton, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.