Maintain efficient operation and upkeep of the property buildings and grounds. Complete onsite maintenance and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical condition of the property.
Under the direction of the Property Manager or other appropriate administrative staff, is responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. Assist in training, evaluating, motivating and supervising all maintenance staff. Equally responsible for superior customer service and overall satisfaction of residents. Rotate emergency on-call availability with other maintenance staff.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all service and maintenance requests within 24-hours
- Follow up on service requests to ensure resident satisfaction
- Participate in implementation of an ongoing property maintenance and improvement plan
- Perform various maintenance tasks and assist in lifting/moving appliances with the use of hand trucks
- Produce turns on vacant units within 5 working days
- Maintain 80% of vacant units in “ready” condition at all times
- Maintain vacant units daily
- Maintain and update inventories and order supplies as needed
- Understand and insure OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards as well as corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties, and ensure compliance with PPE guidelines
- Insure company safety policies are complied with at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be customer service oriented
- HVAC certification preferred
- CPO certification preferred
- Constant need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting and repairing the property.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Five years experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures
- Must be able to pass drug & background screenings
- Must be available to rotate emergency on-call responsibilities, with reliable transportation
Why Work Here?From origins of 12 apartment units and one employee in 1977, Southwood Realty has emerged as one of the premier property management companies in the Southeast. The company has grown to encompass many multi family apartment communities served by over 400 employees. The Southwood portfolio includes a variety of apartment community styles that have several amenities. With locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Virginia, Southwood Realty continues to grow by constructing new apartment communities and through the acquisition of existing properties. A privately owned corporation, Southwood Realty is headquartered in Gastonia, North Carolina.
Great Company, lots of room for growth for Top Performers!