A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Sr MillWright Denton Texas
Shift: 3p-11p 2nd Shift
As a Senior Millwright, you will support our manufacturing operations by providing a full range of material handling services to ensure fulfillment to customer and business expectation. Our Senior Millwrights are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about getting things done. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team!
What you’ll do:
• Will have same principal duties and responsibilities as a Sr Mechanic and a Sr. Electrician
• Must be expected to troubleshoot, disassemble, repair, replace, assemble, install, relocate, and modify complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment under the direction of the supervisor
• Must follow prescribed safety procedures to prevent injury and maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire plant
• Manage contractors & small crews
• Must be capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Focus on OPS
• Report all accidents, incidents, injuries and unsafe acts or conditions, immediately to the supervisor
• Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervisor
What you’ll need:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Previous experience in construction, welding, blue print reading, concrete finishing, start-to-finish fabrication, and operating heavy equipment
• Two or more years of equivalent experience
• Proficient in reading drawings
• Must have computer skills (Microsoft Office, CMMS, Excel, etc.)
• Strong Mechanic background
• 2 year Technical Degree desired
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.