Southwest Water Conditioning - Culligan is New Mexico's leading water treatment company. We are seeking a Service Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the cost effective management of our regeneration plant, warehouse, service, and installation groups within the service department.
- Must maintain a valid NM Driver's License
- Must be insurable by company's insurance carrier
- Must possess a NM Journeyman's Pluming License or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience in plumbing trade
- Must be physically able to perform the responsibilities associated with the position
- Must have the ability to recruit, train, and supervise each position under his/her supervision
- Must complete any required sales license course within 12 months
- Provide on-going training and instruction as application, equipment, and/or regulations my dictate
- Must be knowledgeable of all company, federal, state, and local policies and regulations, and enforce same.
- Provide acceptable profits to the company through workload, time allocation, inventory control, proper vehicle and equipment maintenance, customer relations, and normal "good" business practices
- Schedule and monitor daily service and installation assignments
- Complete weekly service department payroll documents
- Spot-check, inspect field service calls and installations
- Monitor and inspect DeIonization (DI) and Portable Exchange (PE) plant operations
- Maintain vehicle fleet and schedule preventative and other maintenance or repairs
- Inventory of order maintenance/installation parts. Perform monthly (or more frequent) inventory of parts and systems and submit required inventory documents to the controller on the first day of each month.
- Work directly with other management personnel to accomplish established company goals and objectives. This responsibility may require substantial flexibility of hours to provide uncompromised service to our customers.
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Provide information about the products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
- Document and update customer records based on interactions
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products and services including our products and those of our competitors
- Water treatment industry experience is preferred
- Previous experience in customer service, technical sales and/or service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with employees, management, and customers
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Company vehicle and fuel provided
- may participate in management bonus programs
- Cellular phone provided for work
- Uniform allowance