Veterinary Technician or Assistant
- $12 to $23 Hourly
Both Full-Time and Part-Time positions available.
Veterinary Technicians will provide a professional and premium service to each animal and pet owner at Southwest Veterinary Clinic.
- Assist the veterinarian to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- Intake and Obtain accurate vitals, obtain relevant medical histories, maintain medical charts, and/or note any changes of patient's condition to the Veterinarian.
- Read and comprehend medical terms and instructions
- Assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient, and caring manner. (Our clinic serves dogs and cats of all sizes and temperaments, the ability to lift ~50lbs with help/~40 without help is preferred)
- Collect, prepare and perform laboratory/diagnostic services. Ex: Radiographs, phlebotomy, diagnostic testing (HWT, FELV, Parvo, etc) and/or collecting and reading fecal flotations, ear cytology, skin cytology, etc.
- Fill prescriptions appropriately
- Assist with surgeries and procedures (including but not limited to spays/neuters, dentals, c-sections, etc.), prep the patients for procedures, anesthesia monitoring, spearhead post procedure recovery under the supervision of Veterinarian. Wrap surgical packs. (Preferred, however, our clinic is willing to train in this area!)
- Computer skills and use of our in house medical software.
- Sustain clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with clients
- All other duties as assigned by Veterinarian or manager.
We are a fun, family-oriented, passionate, diligent and fast growing veterinary clinic serving the pets in SW Atlanta community.
Southwest Veterinary Clinic was founded in 1972. The company was started by Dr. William McCant and was under his leadership until 2017 at his untimely passing. The clinic was reopened in 2019 by Dr. Makeba Clarke. Southwest veterinary Clinic is a small but efficient clinic that serves the Southwest Atlanta area.
Southwest Veterinary Clinic
2369 Campbellton Rd SWAtlanta, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.